Hi all

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbro

Reaction score
great to be apart of this new thing.
just introducing myself, and letting everyone know I own a car auto electrical accessory / security business based in Perth.

if anyone needs info on what works and what doesn't, or even installations, give me a yell !

I currently own 2 x D22 Str's
2006 3.0Di and; ( for sale )
2011 2.5 Cr

taking me a *long* time to warm to the 2.5 :sad: i think you all know what I mean!

have a good day! :cheers!:

G'day Bigbro and welcome to the forum.
There is also an advertising section in the forum to post your business up aswell.
Enjoy the site and any info you can offer on your trade would be greatly appreciated by everyone on here.Cheers Scotty

Welcome mate.

Drove a mates 2.5 the other day, there abit gutless around 3000rpm.

welcome Bigbro to the forums

@dave ... thats why i keep my nav in the 1800 to 2500 rev range ... it putts along very nicely in that rev range. Chews way too much fuel at 3000 rpm.

Morning Guys,
cheers for all the warm welcomes. this is a great thing I have discovered here. thanks to all involved in administrating!
yeh Dave, the 2.5 in my opinion is *VERY* disapointing.. I didn't even test drive before I bought.. *stupid I know) but I dind't think I needed to as the 3.0 was purfect in every way.
in comparison, the 2.5 ( I admit the car is brand new, with under 1000km) the engine felt like the turbo would switch off between 2-3000 rpm where as the 3.0 just kept pulling..
that is why I'be been seriously following some of the power phip threads.. currently, I am running a no limit module, *I'm VERY happy* for the money, but I would really like to test drive someone elses D22 who has a chip it installed. just for a comparispn. I like the idea of also controlling the boost to up the air intake a little.
ok, so I'm still learning about al lthis Forum stuff, I'm a newbie!
bigbro

Welcome bigbro, as for the power thing wait until after 10,000 km's. I, and many others, have noticed a big difference in the power range. Where as before (and prob what you're experiencing) the motor felt a little restrained. Now it feels way looser (lack of a better term) than when I first drove it. So much so I love driving it! Hope this is giving you something to look foreword to before you spend on chips etc.

Cheers Brad

I havent noticed the power drop at 3000, but Ill check when I next drive. From memory I think its closer to 3500 where it doesnt pull any harder, just makes more noise!

I think as it gets older, It seems to be getting less? am I just getting used to it? or I was wondering if it was / is a safety thing built into ECU for when the engine is new?

Latest posts

Back