Help identifying my car

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alvgaar

Reaction score
Bought this car last year January.
2.5L turbo diesel
76kW (2494cm3 volume)
4x4 (manual 4x4 by walking out and activating hub caps)
Registered first time in norway 2001 October.
I believe its a D22, seller called it a king cab, americas call it a frontier?

The reason i ask is because im trying to find the OBD port so that i can delete my airbag error light since i had to install a child seat and there was no way to turn off the airbag other than unplugging it but it seemed dangerous even when not connected so i removed it entirely and googled how many ohms resistance the airbag had then i ordered a 1 ohm transistor and mounted it in the airbag plug. The computer must have sensed the airbag was gone(battery was not unplugged for 24 hours when i removed the airbag) or the resistance i added is wrong. My hopes are that a simple deletion of the code will fix it but if it pops back up i know for certain the resistance is wrong.
Now i've looked behind glovebox compartment, compartment below steering wheel, inside bonnet. Yet there is absolutely nothing.

IMG_4310.jpeg
IMG_4311.jpeg
IMG_4313.jpeg

the usa version of the d22 navara is called a frontier series 1.
you have a D22 navara king cab wellside.

there should be an port, probably just under the dash down at the end of the steering column. so if you lie on the floor and look up you should see it. however i don't really know for those early ones and especially left hand drive.

Back