D22 ZD30 POWER LOSS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufosplanet

Reaction score
I have a D22 with ZD30 engine, that climbs a not steep hill(6% of inclination) in fourth gear because it can't do it in 5th gear, it looses speed immediately, is this normal of this truck?
Or is loosing power

hey mate, experiencing a similar issue, my zd30 d22 drops down to like 70kph up inclines and also have to drop back to 4th gear. Has your car always been like this? I'm experiencing this issue after a mechanic replaced the cylinder head on my zd30. check your MAP sensor and the vacuum line going to it, if it's cracked your MAP sensor won't send the correct boost pressure reading to your ecu and could cause power loss.

no dropping back to 70k on a slight hill is not normal.
i can pull a boat at 110k up a decent hill in 5th with 33in tyres if i stay on the gas.

start with the simple things first.
check your hose joints around the turbo and intake, if you have a boost leak you will loose power.

checked and there aren't any boost leaks, boost gauge sits steady at 14psi when doing 110kph and then just starts losing speed up any hill, feels like its starving of fuel but don't know why, have replaced vacuum lines and MAP sensor. could it be timing done incorrectly when head was replaced or maybe injectors?

I have a D22 with ZD30 engine, that climbs a not steep hill(6% of inclination) in fourth gear because it can't do it in 5th gear, it looses speed immediately, is this normal of this truck?
Or is loosing power
Go underneath disconnect the plug up the top of the gearbox near the gear stick and try it bet it works ok

Go underneath disconnect the plug up the top of the gearbox near the gear stick and try it bet it works ok
if you're referring to the neutral position switch, I have replaced that and it made no difference, issue has been a consistent power loss of around 20% after head was replaced, not an intermittent issue so something must have happened when head was replaced that is causing the issue.

Back