Genuine verse Aftermarket.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet, doubt Ill get my money back.

Was wanting to see tonight if enyone else has experienced this.

Apparently no one is liking these "series 2" sets. From what I read. The first ones like what rusty got were the good ones

Hey Dave
I've got em and hate em. I bought full peformance kit off them and it rides like shit. Got sent wrong ones first off (constant 600kg) so then he sent me another set and still rides like shit. Was only on the phone to him again today to see what he is gonna do about it. He raves on about em to sell them to ya, told him i was very dissapointed with them.

Hey Dave
I've got em and hate em. I bought full peformance kit off them and it rides like shit. Got sent wrong ones first off (constant 600kg) so then he sent me another set and still rides like shit. Was only on the phone to him again today to see what he is gonna do about it. He raves on about em to sell them to ya, told him i was very dissapointed with them.

Old bear that's who it was! Haha

What i dont get is leaf springs have been around since the horse and cart days and haven't really changed all that much as they are so simple, Then along comes old mate with a more complicated over engineered set, and they are meant to be sooooo much better to the point that people compare them to coils???? I just cant see how that is really possible. Just stick to the tried and tested method, if the leaf stack is made correctly and suites what loads you carry they should be fine, after all the whole idea of the "leaf spring" is to have a progressive rate of travel.. the more load the more resistance. so the sax sales pitch is meant to provide a progressive spring but thats what everyone already has.

Cheers bear, I have Bilsteins in already.

The chick on the phone told me, Bilsteins are better then their shocks. Which I dont doubt.

The Bilsteins have 180,000km's on and still perform awesome, would only consider Bilsteins and Koni.

Do you get vibrations on take off Bear ? Vibrations downshifting ?

FatBoy has mentioned that they are having problems with the Series 2 springs with the parabolic 3rd stage and that they are bulk made I think(not 100%sure). I have the Series 1 which were hand built in house here in Slacks Creek QLD and I love them. They handled the Cape with superior comfort and are still perfect. It's got me stumped as to why the S2 are not performing to the expectations. Hopefully he sorts it out soon and contacts everyone.

If wish to test drive my car and live in Brisbane I'm happy to let you drive. I live Southside of Brisbane in Logan area
Rusty

Cheers bear, I have Bilsteins in already.

The chick on the phone told me, Bilsteins are better then their shocks. Which I dont doubt.

The Bilsteins have 180,000km's on and still perform awesome, would only consider Bilsteins and Koni.

Do you get vibrations on take off Bear ? Vibrations downshifting ?

I have been speaking with John and he talked me into thier shocks.
I don't get the vibrations, just a back breaking ride. The missus and kids won't go anywhere in it any more because it is to uncomfortable, we have to take her car instead.

As you mentioned in the other thread. I got like a 3-4 inch lift out of the spring's.

Before anyone says the clutch, clutch doesn't slip and will compression lock up the rear end if its the right condition's.

The ride is shit house to, but the vibration of the springs is pissing me off.

My Navara carry's like 80kg at max everyday, so barely loaded.

Much less prone to vibrations when the longrange tank is full.

A canopy on the back and winch + steel bullbar + dual battery up the front justifies a spring upgrade.

I agree, Even my ironman full kit rides ok with a winch bar with a winch and dual battery up front, The rear was good enough with the tub and canopy, But now i have a alloy tray and canopy its a little harsher and it is a real pain whenever i take the canopy off

I hate how the rear end sits to high thats why i got new UCA's and it still doesn't sit level.
I could live with that if it was a comfortable ride like every one says they get, but it isn't.
$3000.00 worth of bits plus labour plus a couple of wheel alighnments and it's getting a bit expensive.

The lift pisses me off to, Id be happy with say a 2 inch lift.

Massive tyres and all that shit dont interest me as the negatives add up.

If I wanted to go anywhere off road. Id buy one of these.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twgZHqWfjmU[/YT]

^ These things will go anywhere.

I just want the comfy ride I keep hearing about.

Dave + Old Bear its a shame you don't live in Brisbane cause is be more than happy for you to try my car out to see the difference.

I have Rancho RS9000 adjustables and installed it all myself. Shocks set on 4 or 5 unloaded and with the camping gear in for a weekend they get shifted higher. The cape u had the 3rd stage set it max and the shocks at 7 and felt next to no corrugations in the rear. The front felt like shit with the firm efs shocks in with standard torsion bars.

Dave and oldbear do you mind taking pictures of your rear sax springs in and what settings they are on. Also any other pics of them you can get?

Rusty

The lift pisses me off to, Id be happy with say a 2 inch lift.

Massive tyres and all that shit dont interest me as the negatives add up.

If I wanted to go anywhere off road. Id buy one of these.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twgZHqWfjmU[/YT]

^ These things will go anywhere.

I just want the comfy ride I keep hearing about.

You could just redesign the track! Unbeatable on sand! No need to lower pressures! Haha.
Where to you put your rods though?

Latest posts

Back