EGR blanked on chipped 2.5

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiddlestix

Reaction score
Hi all I have a 2012 2.5 with a roo systems chip I've put the blank on and it sounds to me like my turbo might be screaming more than normal. I can hear it in my snorkel. Can this be the case or am I just imagining it. Any one else with chip put the blank in have you noticed anything?

No chip here, but EGR blanked for quite some time and no turbo sound at all. That might change when I remove the baffles from my air box, which has fallen apart again.

Blocking the EGR shouldn't change the turbo note. It will help the turbo spool a little faster because the engine isn't loosing exhaust pressure (which equals the power that spins the turbocharger) but the sound shouldn't be dramatically different.

Are you sure the sound is coming from the snorkel, or could you have a boost leak?

2013 Navara.NO Chip. I also have EGR Blanked. Yeah the turbo does get a little louder. IE You can hear it working. Also thought it was an Issue, talked to a couple of otha Nav Owners, pretty much normal.

Yeah I don't wanna blow the turbo up or anything like that I have noticed a lot more turbo howling more than normal

Iam assuming you have a D22?... EGR Blank Redirects more exhaust gas to turbo( More Pressure) . Equates to Earlier Spool, a bit more growl from snorkel. U should notice a lil more power lower down in revs and quicker response. My mate has same Nav (not blanked) its quieter, also less responsive. You would have to be flogging the SH#@ out it to blow the turbo. Check out the forums, Stress Less

Latest posts

Back