Duck season soon!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interseting fact-

Ducks don't have the ability to digest bacon rind, if you feed it to them the shit it out in about 2mins, then another duck picks it up and eats it, with the same result. If you tie fishing line on the bacon rind it too passes through the duck and you end up with a bunch of them on the line, then if you tie the fishing line to itself around a tree the ducks walk in circles around the tree forever!

Urban myth maybe, i've only ever got as far as trying the bacon rind without fishing line

Seriously, you guys shoot ducks? I get shooting ferals (cats, goats, hare, horse etc etc), but ducks I don't get - just don't seem worth the effort.

Who here can tell the difference between a Pacific Black and Pink Ear at 100m? I'm hoping you all can!

Duck shooting is with a shotgun out to 30 odd meters and yes you can tell the difference, And we eat the ducks

Interseting fact-

Ducks don't have the ability to digest bacon rind, if you feed it to them the shit it out in about 2mins, then another duck picks it up and eats it, with the same result. If you tie fishing line on the bacon rind it too passes through the duck and you end up with a bunch of them on the line, then if you tie the fishing line to itself around a tree the ducks walk in circles around the tree forever!

Urban myth maybe, i've only ever got as far as trying the bacon rind without fishing line

ok not something i,ve tried

Duck shooting is with a shotgun out to 30 odd meters and yes you can tell the difference...

Glad to hear it - but I reckon many don't share your talent. Hardheads and the like can be difficult to distinguish from similar ducks at 100-150m even with a leica spotting scope - depending on the light of course. What scopes do you use?

...And we eat the ducks

Yep, I've eaten it too - hence my original point!

Glad to hear it - but I reckon many don't share your talent. Hardheads and the like can be difficult to distinguish from similar ducks at 100-150m even with a leica spotting scope - depending on the light of course. What scopes do you use?

Yep, I've eaten it too - hence my original point!

Your right, some guys cant tell the difference but experiened duck shooters shouldnt have a problem identifying ducks at those distances.
And shots taken at around 50m or less anyway. If you can't properly identify your target - dont take the shot.

It's a little longer this year :redcool: I usually go to the main lake with the protester and the media. U need someone to collect ur ducks for u when you shoot them and they fall meters an metes away :big_smile:

Ooooh, hopefully I'll avoid being roped into going duck shooting come the holidays. You spend all day in the tinny with a continual cacophony of shotguns in your ear, then when you finally get home, you spend hours plucking and gutting the buggers and then when you eat them you are forever spitting out lead.

It is okay chasing them on the rice, but the cousin can never train a retriever worth shit. Hopefully by the time we get down there, they will have dried off the rice. Sigh, then I can spend all day in rice straw and dust.

Interseting fact-

You're right that is interesting, I'm waiting for the youtube video.

I don't really care about duck shooting, we've got our lakes and places to go if we want to (although we haven't done it for ages) but to me opening weekend is not often about duck shooting, it's more about drunken wankers shooting the shit out of anything that moves because a law says they are allowed to.

The two worst things about opening weekend, drunken idiots and the absolute F*&kwit Laurie Levie. If the drunken wankers really want to do something useful shoot that prick!

Latest posts

Back