Diesel about face the right decision: Nissan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received an email from Nissan yesterday. The New Patrol is PETROL, AUTO with manual shift ONLY.
I don't mind the petrol since it's a good engine.

But heaps of soft road additions, just like every other manufacturer. WTF?

Last edited:
Maybe this as something to do with the Nissan/Mitsubishi(t) join on the next Navara/Triton.
Navara will be petrol and if you want a diesel you grab a fabled Mitsu Diesel in a Triton.

Either way my QD32 has a good few years ahead of it and depending how I feel a Cummings4bt transplant or a Defender Dual Cab.

Such a pitty to see the diesels going to these fancy pants SUV and small cars.

Strange that they dont let the consumer decide what engine they actually want.

It is good they are bringing the SSS pulsar back, but seriously they decided not to bring back a rear wheel sports car as the Juke is sporty???? The thing looks like an obese Micra. Reminds me of a fat child that only a mother could love.
800px-Nissan_Juke_Acenta_1.6_2x4_front_20101030.jpg

What happened to the days of new 4x4s like these. Yeah I know they look "ugly" but they look tough.
10091505_200994205030.jpg

NissanPatrol.jpg

land-rover-defender-110-crew-cab-03.jpg

Maybe they should bring Datsun back and remake things like the D21 and the GQ with newer engines that run on Diesel and Diesel alone. If a new Datsun 720 came out with the YD25 I would trade my Navara in on it.

END RANT

They better not put any terrible cars under then name haha.

I could not agree more Eug. They are a bloody beautiful car. I would love to see a return of some of the old Datsun with newer parts. Like the 240Z with a VQ37VHR in it.

It is good they are bringing the SSS pulsar back, but seriously they decided not to bring back a rear wheel sports car as the Juke is sporty????

I'd love to see the early sales figures on the new Toyota 86. It's not my cup of tea but I bet it appeals to a wide market.

Australian New Car Sales figures June 2012

Sports Segment Winners:

Hyundai Veloster (450 – 27.3%)
Toyota 86 (414 – 25.1%)
Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe (167 – 10.1%)

Second on the list in June isn't bad I suppose.

They better not put any terrible cars under then name haha.

I could not agree more Eug. They are a bloody beautiful car. I would love to see a return of some of the old Datsun with newer parts. Like the 240Z with a VQ37VHR in it.
Yup one of the best shaped cars I've seen. Back a few years ago I had always dreamed of putting in an RB but a VQ would be very nice!

If I recall, someone had once said the 240Z was Japan's answer to the E-Type (now there's a smexy car - smexier than this beast that used to adorn my driveway...

attachment.php

Attachments

• MVC-017F.JPG
    MVC-017F.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 121
Lol, my mate has a 4.8L Patrol and it chews about 30L per 100km, I don't think your 3L would be too close to that.

there's something quite wrong with his car then.
i've got a few mates with them and in normal conditions they get around 18/100 combined, my old carby tb42 gets about 22/100 and it's running too rich and the carby needs a rebuild.

i think i'll also be going back to an older car, happy with the d40 so far but once it's time is up i think the later td42 gu's will have come down enough to justify it's purchase.
all of australia are heading towards more fuel efficient cars and in most cases this means diesels, most people that tow prefer diesels, most recreational 4x4 users prefer diesels, tourers etc... it doesn't make sense.

It makes more sense when you factor in just how little the Australian market is to a global producer like Nissan.

Latest posts

Back