D40 rough idle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connor. S

Reaction score
Hi folks, just looking for some advice on my d40. After driving 3 hours of a 5 hour journey i pulled into a services and noticed as i was rolling into a parking space that my engine was shuddering the car and idle was too low. I thought nothing of continuing my journey since as soon as i revved and drove normally the truck had no problem. The following morning i was having trouble getting her to fire up and when it eventually did it idles rough as hell and a bit of white smoke out the back. So far i have fitted new fuel filter and fresh fuel, checked injectors by unplugging each individually ( they all do the same thing) checked for vac leaks etc. Now having read lots on this forum i odered a new SCV from ebay that seems to match up with correlating pump numbers on mine however after fitting it and doing the reset with the pedal the truck would not fire at all just cranks over. Therefore ive re fitted the old SCV and am back to square one with more white smoke and rough idle( im assuming lots of unburnt fuel from cranking it over so much). Anyone have any ideas ? Possibly the new SCV is a chinese shit one or not the correct one ? Im lost now.

Any help would be massively appreciated

Cheers

Latest posts

Back