d22 off road virgin.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8.8 is fine, they'll hold nicely. The rating of the bow shackle should be on it - mine are clearly stamped "4.75". I could throw up a pic later, with something to compare the size against - they're bloody big suckers.

How many recovery points? Technically just one on the front, since you have a hitch receiver already and we can use that, but putting 2 of them so that either side - or both - can be chosen is good thinking.

Imagine if you mount it on the left side, and that's the side that sinks into a boghole.

well i dont really know much about recovering a vehicle. should go a course aye =]

With the "hitch" ( i dont know if im correct but ur talking about the tow bar thingy arent u? ) do you just put on bow shackles either side of it? cause iv done that but i dont think the shackles are rated high enough lol.

well i dont really know much about recovering a vehicle. should go a course aye =]

With the "hitch" ( i dont know if im correct but ur talking about the tow bar thingy arent u? ) do you just put on bow shackles either side of it? cause iv done that but i dont think the shackles are rated high enough lol.

The hitch receiver is one of these - found a good pic on the Supercheap site. It goes in where your towbar would and you'd fix the pin in to hold it in place.

Some people advocate putting a strap in the hitch receiver and putting the pin through that - the problem is that the pin will bend, and you'll struggle to get it back out.

Courses are good, valuable and can really open your eyes - you will be surprised what your vehicle is capable of.

With vehicle recoveries, it's always best to be guided by an experienced person. They know what can go wrong - which is the part of the experience that costs the most - and they know ways to avoid problems.

That said, a lot of it is common sense stuff - like staying away from cables under tension and vehicles that could be yanked from a boghole at surprising speed.

Do a course. You'll love it.

ah thats wat a hitch is!! never even knew they existed.

How much is course normally? im so tight on money these days, my navara costed too much for a 2nd year apprentice rofl.

im just about to get a brand new ARB canopy, low profile, grained, white with twin lift up windows, too much lol.

The courses are about $300 give or take. If you are going to do a lot of off-roading in risky situations then it should be a serious consideration.

But if you're going to come along with us, it's less vital - we are never, ever going to put someone in actual danger.

We're about having fun and learning to cope in small steps. Yengo was an interesting track because it kept you thinking the whole way - where do I put the wheels so we don't scrape, how do we climb something this steep etc. Currawong WOULD have been a decent water crossing if the woosbags hadn't turned the entry into a freeway's offramp. Still, at 30cm deep it wasn't too bad.

We'll find better and more of them. Then we'll do them quietly, making sure we know the pitfalls at each one, and after that we'll bring everyone along so they can all learn.

It's a better way to do it, I think. You won't get qualifications with us, but you'll learn some stuff and have some fun.

sweeet, wen u guys are ready, hit me up and il go for sure!

My navara needs to be broken in, but not broken =]

u guys going anytime soon?

anyone live near liverpool nsw ?

Simonness, i live in kenthurst near castle hill sydney, im trying to find a few off road track around sydney. if i find any good ones ill let u know and you are more than welcome to join

Hey AJ

Castle Hill is pretty far from me lol but sure il do some tracks if you find any decent ones cause i dont wana drive all the way there to do someones drive way haha =]

Is there any nice tracks in the blue mountains? i dont mind the drive there, quite nice but too many tourist and boring tar roads.

there is one along the zig zag rail way, and its only about 20 -30 minutes to liverpool from my house, yeah most of my mates are into 4wding and usually go up the mountains so ill ask around of anywhere good.

btw guys, stupid question,

how easy is it for water to get into the car with doors closed odviously.

When u guys do those deep water crossing, u get water inside?

Your truck should be fairly water tight, unless you come to a complete stop and park there for a while, then you might be in strife!

really? pretty sweet, never tried so i got no idea. none of u guys get water in?

i should prolly extend my axal breathers since i love slashing about

you could probably do it on your own just carry recovery gear and there should be plenty of other cars to help if u get stuck.

seals are pretty good on most modern 4wds. Only times i have seen water coming in to a car was when they get stuck and are sitting dead in water, i imagine the navara would be the same. lucky for you d22 tend to get stuck much less then those d40 thingos

ah thats not too far then! is it easy enough to go by urself?

You should always take a buddy with you when you go offroad, that way if you get into trouble help is there.
One of the saftey guidelines for four wheel driving is to always go with a mate no matter how good you think you are.

There are meant to be some 4wd tracks out the back of Appin you could check out. Just google search 4wd tracks Appin. Not too far from Liverpool either and meant to be fairly easy most of it.

Latest posts

Back