Can D40 underseat aircon vents be shut off ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dezzdash

Reaction score
hey guys I've been looking at getting some 10 inch under seat woofers, in order to complete this i need to get rid of the air con streams that run under both passenger and drivers seats so that these 10 inch woofers will fit.

anyone had any experience in this field?

2007 d40 st-x

According to the manual, you need to lift the carpet and undo the two clips holding the floor duct in place. It would then be a matter of sealing off the ductwork outlet at the base of the aircon assembly. I'd use something that could tolerate some heat - something like insulation tape or that plastic duct tape would not work well. Cloth tape might suffice.

what subs are you fitting mate, been contemplating doing this myself but not much luck finding anything with decent sound

just some 10" under seat woofers mate, most are the same quality. i have been told that even if you spend hundreds of dollars on them they are still only a 10 inch at the end of the day so most companies like ken wood, pioneer etc don't put much money into developing these subs so they are all much of a likeness.

ill probably get fusion.

Not sure why you would go to all that trouble and then put a crappy sub in... Do some research and find something that will work well in a small volume box. Personally I wouldn't go near anything with a Fusion label on it. You are technically right though - most of those brands are all about the same quality..

My setup atm is a 12" in a smallish sealed box that more or less fires into the passenger seat with my amp under the seat. Seems to be the best compromise as I can easily take it out if I need to take more than one in the back, which is rare. One day would love to make a custom box that slots under the rear bench seat discretely.. but will probs never happen :)

i don't want my subs visible, i always have 5 in the ute so i can't just have people sitting with subs on their laps, hence a amp and 10 inch sub combined under the seats is y only option. there isn't enough space under the rear d40 seats to even bother making custom boxes.

I am liking the focal 10 underseat sub, IMHO quality is going to be better than quantity.
One of the focals would sound real nice, I have some focal speakers in my other car and they are the ducks guts.

the downside with the sub is the price tag $599

Latest posts

Back