Build Date Problem - 2006 or 2007?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dezzdash

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out what the go with the second hand navara i have just bought.

The situation is, when i ring nissan for the year it was made, they tell me its a 2006 which the actual cab supports as there are no blinkers in the side mirrors and also the stereo doesn't suggest a 2007/2008, however on the inside of the passengers door the silver plate says made in the 8th month of 2007, don't the 2007 models usually have blinkers in the side mirrors and a few other differences from the 06's?

I'm trying to figure out what year it is. also on the inside of the drivers door fairly original sticker stating that it was made in 2006 aswell as a place of make i forget what that was but after it has S.A is that south australia?

anyway, any info would help.

Compliance plate and first rego date could be massively different. Not sure what happened in 07 but Nissan dealers were still offloading 08 model Nav's in June of 09 when I was looking at buying mine, they were all unregistered and all as new as cars come but Nissan made some major screw up with the GFC and ended up with a massive stock pile of cars they couldn't get rid of. During that time there was also some word that imported models (or models meant for other countries) were being shipped in to try and offload them from global stocks which may account for some differences in models. But I don't know if that crap was happening in 07 when you say yours is dated.

It's not unheard of that you got a late build 06 but it wasn't rego'd until 07 but you'd have to provide more information, or at very least work out how to read the compliance plate. Comp plates are all the same in cars, do a google search and compare yours and it will tell you all the info you need.

And no SA is not South Australia, we don't make too many Nav's in this country. STX= Spain, ST and RX = Thailand.

I could be wrong but for some reason I dont remember any '22's being sold a "'07 models"

I can only find 2 x "2007 D22-MY2008" in carsales out of hundreds of Navs....

(tho there is 1300 odd GW's for sale)

what does the Build date tag say thats riveted on the pass side of the radiator support panel?

Maybe a Mod should change the stupid thread title too. I don't know what it needs to be but the title wont help anyone.

My ST-X is an 06 build but the compliance is 07
Side mirrors repeaters is one thing but you should also find you have the fold down arm rest in the middle of the back seat. The 07 didnt get that from memory.
The 06 had the side repeaters and full size number plate lights .I think that was the main changes

Last edited:
My 2009 model was manufactured in July 2009, shipped to Australia in September 2009 and arrived mid October 2009, registered late October.

It's possible that yours was manufactured in 2006, stored in Europe pending requests from dealers around the world and then shipped to Australia early-ish 2007, and complianced in 2007. The ST variant from Thailand wasn't manufactured until 2010, so the dual cabs from your year were all built in Spain and you'll find your VIN number starts with VSK.

also the compliance plate is 08/07, so from nov 06 to september 2007 is a long time between build and compliance isn't it?

ill try get the other details needed asap

My ST-X is an 06 build but the compliance is 07
Side mirrors repeaters is one thing but you should also find you have the fold down arm rest in the middle of the back seat. The 07 didnt get that from memory.
The 06 had the side repeaters and full size number plate lights .I think that was the main changes

i was just checking your pics, how do i get that storage under the seats of your 2007 navara? is it custom?

also the compliance plate is 08/07, so from nov 06 to september 2007 is a long time between build and compliance isn't it?

Not if the car was sitting as an unregistered Demo on just a showroom ute.

As I said above my hunting was 2 years after your ute was made but the dealer I first went to in 09 only had an 07 demo for customers to drive that was registered (he drove it home each day) and two unregistered late model 08's on the showroom floor which only went out on the odd occasion with dealer plates on them. At the time had I wanted a showroom model it would have been an 08 build registered in Jul-Aug 09. So the two dates being out by months is definitely not unheard of.

Latest posts

Back