Best D40 Rear bar?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STX550

Reaction score
Hey guys,

New to the forum, just purchased a Stx 550. Wanting to replace the rear bar straight up as need a towbar fitted anyway. Looking at the TJM item or the ARB in black.

Cant find any pics of them on the car though. Any got any photos or
had experience with either?

Any help would be appreciated. Did a search but couldn't find any pics anywhere.

Cheers

I didnt like the look of the arb and tjm rear steps so i went the kaymar rear bar which looks awesome but it is not really worth the dollars. If I had the time over again I would have kept my nissan towbar and got either a MCC tyre carrier bar or a scottybobcat (guy on the forum) tubebar, both of which fit in conjunction with a nissan towbar.

heres an arb rear bar it acts like a grader blade when off road it really lowers your departure angle the only good thing about it is you can back over stuff its built very solid
notice the dints on the left side of the tub they are from the stock bar that is mounted a heap higher but you can't back over trees with it

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 1,926
Last edited:
heres an arb rear bar it acts like a grader blade when off road it really lowers your departure angle the only good thing about it is you can back over stuff its built very solid
notice the dints on the left side of the tub they are from the stock bar that is mounted a heap higher but you can't back over trees with it

I agree! Over my Easter trip I graded the butcher country tk, should send the bill for the extra fuel to Victoria Parks or ARB? Looks nice and have a good tow bar but i'm planning to have it modified by removing the bottom part and weld a angle 30x30 on in it instead. Personally i don't think it's worth the money, custom from a HR tow bar would be a better option.

If you need a tow bar then go Kaymar, I've got an ARB and I deeply regret my choice. Kaymar bar gives you much better departure angle. I can't wait to change mine!

Good luck

I just got a stock nissan tow bar and made my own rear bar for under $100, It has one solid 2 inch pipe so you dont' have any joins that could break and thats bent to follow the tray lines and then 6mm angle mounts that mount to towbar mount on chassis. I didn't like the arbs as they are too bulky. I have jacked off this plenty of times and works a treat. Also it has a very good clearance angle as it follows the tray lines.

Attachments

• Photo1422.jpg
    Photo1422.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 508
  • Photo1539.jpg
    Photo1539.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 399
mgermasi said:
If you need a tow bar then go Kaymar, I've got an ARB and I deeply regret my choice. Kaymar bar gives you much better departure angle. I can't wait to change mine!

Good luck

Go our rear bar. Strength with recovery point, tow bar and good departure angle.

Latest posts

Back