Any1 pulled a swifty on the mrs? lol

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismo4x4

Reaction score
thought it would be funny if anyone here tried pulling a swifty pass the mrs but failed... ;-(

my story is well i really wanted to get a snorkel but knew the mrs would have a whinge me spending $$ on the truck..so i got it installed anyway and said "mate works at arb gave me a really awesum deal...only cost $250" she still had a whinge THEN month later she checks the bank account and sees "$640 safari arb" yep...sh** hit the fan when i got home.

share your stories people or am i the only loser here. lol

I got a nice new set of BFG all terrains on and was sure the missus would never even know the difference, and she didnt until we went on a trip to Glasshouse with the guys from here and one of the blokes yells out "Hey those tyres look brand new!" Haha...busted.

My Mrs has had a broken aerial on her car for months and i get reminded nearly every week to fix it, she threatened to get it done at her next service but I told her its a waste of money to pay someone to install it. Since then I have bought my new nav, added a few extras and a few days a go she came home with a new aerial installed!.... lesson learnt:suicide2:

I do it all the time.....just had the dump/cat and exhaust done....
told her it was $500...but it was $900....cash doesnt leave any trails.....

I feel sorry for the lot of you, my missus never questions the money I spend on anything although I never question her on what she spends either so it's all fair.

Not to do with the 4wd but about 4 months ago I brought a new Kimber .338winmag and new Burris scope for 3500. (couldn't help myself). Told the missus it was second hand and only cost 800. Silly me left the receipt in my pocket which she checked before she washed my pants. Boy I got in strife for that one

Phew!! someone else who is allowed to spend money, I was beginning to think everyone was whipped :eviltongue:

I'm glad I'm married to Helen.

"Want to get a price and look at the bits and pieces on a new Navara" ... we go into the showroom and she goes "We're buying a new Navara." I was stunned.

Salesman starts talking about what we want to do with it and she's going "Sure, add the bullbar, put rubber mats in it, don't bother with the hard lid just stick a 4K canopy on it..."

Since then she's gone "Hey would that winch fit your car?" (standing in Aldi) ... "Yep" ... "can you carry that box to the checkout or do ya want someone to help you?"

And Anthony knows of an instance too. He goes to sell a tub liner. Helen: "$150? Let's hook up the caravan, head down there for the weekend and get it installed and check out some camping spots at the same time".

No, you can't have her!

I'm glad I'm married to Helen.

"Want to get a price and look at the bits and pieces on a new Navara" ... we go into the showroom and she goes "We're buying a new Navara." I was stunned.

Salesman starts talking about what we want to do with it and she's going "Sure, add the bullbar, put rubber mats in it, don't bother with the hard lid just stick a 4K canopy on it..."

Since then she's gone "Hey would that winch fit your car?" (standing in Aldi) ... "Yep" ... "can you carry that box to the checkout or do ya want someone to help you?"

And Anthony knows of an instance too. He goes to sell a tub liner. Helen: "$150? Let's hook up the caravan, head down there for the weekend and get it installed and check out some camping spots at the same time".

No, you can't have her!

haha u bloody bastard...u must have a mean ding a ling!!!!!!! take my hat off to u son!

hahaha post of the year right there!

I havent been caught out,,, yet. But I do spend a lot of cash and own up to at least half of what the item was worth hahah

Actually I have pulled a swifty on my Mrs.

I told her that I wanted to start a "helicopter fund", where a small amount of my pay each week goes in for the ultimate goal of buying myself more radio-controlled helicopters (or other things associated that I desired).

So it's early May and I've got a few hundred in the stash now, and I tell her that I'm going to draw some to buy my first heli. "No worries". She's off having a haircut while I'm arranging my first "me" purchase and I've got it on the table when she returns - she's eager to see my new addition as well - it turns out to be a brand new GHD hair straightener, hair dryer and carry bag.

That's probably the best way to con the wife. Needless to say, when I turned around a little while later and said "my laptop isn't doing so well, I think I'd like to replace it" she pointed at the near-top-of-range Sony Vaio and said "how's that one?"

Let me tell you, its keyboard is lovely to use.

Actually I have pulled a swifty on my Mrs.

I told her that I wanted to start a "helicopter fund", where a small amount of my pay each week goes in for the ultimate goal of buying myself more radio-controlled helicopters (or other things associated that I desired).

So it's early May and I've got a few hundred in the stash now, and I tell her that I'm going to draw some to buy my first heli. "No worries". She's off having a haircut while I'm arranging my first "me" purchase and I've got it on the table when she returns - she's eager to see my new addition as well - it turns out to be a brand new GHD hair straightener, hair dryer and carry bag.

That's probably the best way to con the wife. Needless to say, when I turned around a little while later and said "my laptop isn't doing so well, I think I'd like to replace it" she pointed at the near-top-of-range Sony Vaio and said "how's that one?"

Let me tell you, its keyboard is lovely to use.

haha not just a pretty face i see. well done mate lol

i get in trouble for not spending money on my d40 from the mrs all get "when are we geeting the hard top and bullbar and winch and lights " it gold

Latest posts

Back