Any hunters among us??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from my S+F Party membership......Winchester Australia & Sporting Shooter have also posted it.

I been shooting for a while pistol for IPSC and tactical shot gun. Am in the process of getting a property letter. Been quite hard to get one here in WA. Wanna get a 308. Well hopefully this one will work out. Love hunting use to have a .243 would go up to Beverly and get foxes and rabbits my son got some goats in Kalgoorlie. Had to sell that rifle and the people that had the farm I shot on sold it.

Well, it has been a busy christmas period for me, a fair lot of hunting both above and below the water (spearfishing)

Managed to finish project "fox murder" a Tikka Varmint in 204 with a NF scope on top. With handloads managed the last 4 shots of the day into a half inch group at 200yards (pic 1). Took it out for its first foxing and it delivered the fox in pic 2 first shot. It was only an 80 yard shot, not much of a challenge but it's always good to blood a new rifle. also pinned a few bunnies and a couple hares with the 22.

Finished up the holidays with a couple boat dives and a trip to the otways, yielding the crays in the last few pics along with many fish, abalone, scallops and 10Kg of flake... My freezer is now full!!!!

Attachments

• 200yrd 204group.jpg
    200yrd 204group.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 44
  • fox.jpg
    fox.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Cray Ledge.jpg
    Cray Ledge.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 46
  • holding cray.jpg
    holding cray.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Otway crays.jpg
    Otway crays.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 46
Love the sea food looks like we are all coming over for dinner lol. Good grouping shooting too.

Well, it has been a busy christmas period for me, a fair lot of hunting both above and below the water (spearfishing)

Managed to finish project "fox murder" a Tikka Varmint in 204 with a NF scope on top. With handloads managed the last 4 shots of the day into a half inch group at 200yards (pic 1). Took it out for its first foxing and it delivered the fox in pic 2 first shot. It was only an 80 yard shot, not much of a challenge but it's always good to blood a new rifle. also pinned a few bunnies and a couple hares with the 22.

Finished up the holidays with a couple boat dives and a trip to the otways, yielding the crays in the last few pics along with many fish, abalone, scallops and 10Kg of flake... My freezer is now full!!!!

well done:redcool:

thanks guys, now I'm in damage control with the misses... better stay home this weekend!

Any body heard about the impending problems regarding ammo supplies etc brought forth from America???

Any body heard about the impending problems regarding ammo supplies etc brought forth from America???

Haven't heard anything, but I know by late February or early march last couple of years it was hard to a hold of steel shot because of duck opening

the impending new laws in america have sent everyone into a buying frenzy ( to grab ammo and high cap mags) And thus put a strain on ammo exports, to stock up now, that includes reloading equipment too unfortunately.
Worst case scenario if you buy up big youve got enough to last a long time :)

Yeah I read about this on another forum and have seen pictures of empty shelves in America, apparently in the states, it's really hard to get the common stuff like like 223 and now easier to get the rare stuff!

I'm not too worried about it, but Ive got enough powder and primer to keep me going for about 6 months.

IMPORTANT on another note, the other night I was going out for a spotlight and a mate had left his unloaded rifle on a bench. It's a nice rifle so I picked it up and was having a look, even though it was safe, the first thing i did was check the chamber and you bet... a round fell out! the seriousness hit home very quickly! Just a reminder to all of us out there to treat every firearm as loaded!!!

Could have been a lot worse!

Hey dave shoot me a samba.

I went to a farmers market yesterday not really figuring I'd buy anything but looking anyway and the only guy selling venison wanted $48.95 a kilo for venison steaks. Would be cheaper for me to drive up to your place and pay you to cook it for me.

Hey dave shoot me a samba.

I went to a farmers market yesterday not really figuring I'd buy anything but looking anyway and the only guy selling venison wanted $48.95 a kilo for venison steaks. Would be cheaper for me to drive up to your place and pay you to cook it for me.

those farmers markets seem to charge like a wounded bull

Yeah we used to get venison at around the same price as beef at our local market but not anymore. I know venison is becoming popular with people who've only just discovered it but the prices at the markets are just getting ridiculous whether it be for meat or fruit and vegies.

Latest posts

Back