Any hunters among us??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice...but in reality what are you to do with it???? at $180 a box of ammo...cheaper to buy a whole lamb for the spit.

That price is for the Lapua ammo, it is basicly all hand made loads. You can buy just normal .338 ammo for about $60 a box, so it is still a bit pricey but as Dave said its just another toy and he who dies with the most toys wins. LOL

That price is for the Lapua ammo, it is basicly all hand made loads. You can buy just normal .338 ammo for about $60 a box, so it is still a bit pricey but as Dave said its just another toy and he who dies with the most toys wins. LOL

yeah, but no good dying without having played.....

$60 is fairly avg for 30cal ammo these days.

Krankin said:
Is that Balanglo SF...
Hmmmm....your not disposing of bodies by any chance??

Yes it is, and ahh... No?? Why would I do such a thing

Krankin said:
yeah, but no good dying without having played.....

$60 is fairly avg for 30cal ammo these days.

The old bloke always told
Me "You don't get buried with a box trailer of your toys, but you do get buried with experience"

Ok boys question time!

I'm receiving my first rifle in around a month. It's a brand spanker! (.22mag fvss)
I would like to know your process for running in a new barrel?
That might include tips tricks brands of products etc. I haven't got anything yet. if you can't list it in points or numbers that'd be great.
Ive read enough to know I am going to find myself some bore guides to help the process.

Cheers guys. Feel free to pm me if it's easier!!

Ok boys question time!

I'm receiving my first rifle in around a month. It's a brand spanker! (.22mag fvss)
I would like to know your process for running in a new barrel?
That might include tips tricks brands of products etc. I haven't got anything yet. if you can't list it in points or numbers that'd be great.
Ive read enough to know I am going to find myself some bore guides to help the process.

Cheers guys. Feel free to pm me if it's easier!!

its that time again

Attachments

• can o worms.jpeg
    can o worms.jpeg
    2.1 KB · Views: 26
Krankin said:
its that time again

No need for that mate, with 21 odd pages it's hard to find the time to read every post in the hope of finding a sliver of info.

Simply list your own process there is no need for others to comment on your answer. It's pretty straight forward

No need for that mate, with 21 odd pages it's hard to find the time to read every post in the hope of finding a sliver of info.

Simply list your own process there is no need for others to comment on your answer. It's pretty straight forward

take it easy ..FMD.....if your so knowledgable why ask us...

its simple, your going to get a gazillion different answers...can o worms....

you can read how many pages you like.....theres no comment of your question in this forum...

Krankin said:
take it easy ..FMD.....if your so knowledgable why ask us...

its simple, your going to get a gazillion different answers...can o worms....

you can read how many pages you like.....theres no comment of your question in this forum...

Do you have a response to my question?

Firstly, check for no bore obstructions and thenclean out whatever factory packaging rust preventative is in the bore...

then you can either:

1..just use it ...clean it every 5 years, if u can be bothered.

2..just use it...clean every time you get home.

3...1 shot...clean, 1 shot, clean....1 shot...clean...for about 10 shots..

there...its run in....whether it means anything beneficial....well thats a "can o worms",

no proof that it does...

I'm in the use it...then clean when get home and oil the bore and gun till next time...

if you have .17 cal or a barrel burner like say a .223WSSM or 25/06 you will need to just clean out the bore of residue more often..

if you are using copper jacketed projies, which i think all 22wmr's are, just keep an eye out for copper fouling, and clean as nessesary..tho I believe copper fouling with 22wmr's is not a problem.

Hoppe's is a good product with many different cleaners/oils.

Krankin said:
Firstly, check for no bore obstructions and thenclean out whatever factory packaging rust preventative is in the bore...

then you can either:

1..just use it ...clean it every 5 years, if u can be bothered.

2..just use it...clean every time you get home.

3...1 shot...clean, 1 shot, clean....1 shot...clean...for about 10 shots..

there...its run in....whether it means anything beneficial....well thats a "can o worms",

no proof that it does...

I'm in the use it...then clean when get home and oil the bore and gun till next time...

if you have .17 cal or a barrel burner like say a .223WSSM or 25/06 you will need to just clean out the bore of residue more often..

if you are using copper jacketed projies, which i think all 22wmr's are, just keep an eye out for copper fouling, and clean as nessesary..tho I believe copper fouling with 22wmr's is not a problem.

Hoppe's is a good product with many different cleaners/oils.

Thanks for that.

Wasn't so hard yea?

Hi Fella's

I use Hoppe's bench rest solvent or Sweets 7.62 solvent on my rifle bores.All good.In my
F class rifle I only clean the barrel once or twice a year as it shoots better with a dirty barrel.I dont why it just does

Shane

Latest posts

Back