40,000K Service = $800!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
siringo,

around $800 looks pretty reasonable. i just checked it against a quoting program I have here at work, and with my labour rate at $99 an hour I came up fairly well at the price you've been quoted.

Cheers Tanz.

My mechanic is $300 too $500 and he goes over the car with a fine tooth comb. He just did my 100,000km service changed everything from the front too the back all the oils, full tune up and valve adjustment, tyre rotation and even washed it for $550. (didn't do timing chain by my choice)
It's hard too get top quality mechanics these days but they are out there.
J&W Mechanical, wallsend.

Hey Brad how did your mechanic do the "valve adjustment"??????

the book says to exclude YD & ZD engines.

Also what did he do when he did the "full tune up"????
I thought all that can be done with a modern diesel was filters and oils.

Why would any one replace a timing chain at 100k???
its not like a belt that you need to do every 90-100k

Last edited:
Hey Brad how did your mechanic do the "valve adjustment"??????

the book says to exclude YD & ZD engines.

I'm sure it's referred to in a thread here that the YD and ZD don't have adjustable valves and therefore excluding the valve adjustment is not only a good thing but kind of necessary.

I can't think of the 3 letter acronym used to describe what's in the YD & ZD engines but it's listed in the service book and in one of the threads here.

I'm sure it's referred to in a thread here that the YD and ZD don't have adjustable valves and therefore excluding the valve adjustment is not only a good thing but kind of necessary.

Thats what i thought,so i was very curious as to how they adjusted valves that are not adjustable........ mmmmmmmmm

Wouldn't be the first mechanic to just tick something they didn't do, I've known dealership mechs that do that with the simplest of tasks. (Note I'm not saying that is the case this time, maybe this guy worked out a way to do something others haven't, that can happen)

Latest posts

Back