ZD30 cooling system

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure castrol have two lots of concetrate one is a special blend i think made for use with the holden V6 cause of all the ally..."350" something or other...one cant go wrong if they make sure its the concentrate.............allmost 100% ethylene glycol...I personally rcommend 60 or more % glycol mix for ulimate component protection....castrol also make coolant test strip that i use to test that my coolant is still up to scratch.

You also cant go wrong with the nissan stuff, once again make sure you use the recommended dosage.

Was just trying to cut down on the different fluids in the shed , But if i need different for each car so be it

I use the.... "Castrol....Anti-freeze Anti-boil" and like i said will do a min 60/40 mix..

castrol recommend the "Castrol....Anti-Freeze NF" for your Nav.

i see on forums to use oem or red/blue coolant etc.

i take it with a grain of salt. outside of a couple of engines i doubt any engine will die because of using a different coolant.

the main things is using enough but also changing it regularly. coolant does degrade. you can buy long life coolant to extend the interval.
you will kill a motor far quicker by not changing the coolant than by using non-oem brands.

Ford Australia used the green stuff, then around the "EL" they put the red stuff in for several years, then went back to the green.
They blamed the red coolant attributed to their massive head gasket problems over those years.

as for coolant, I use the name branded concentrates only and at least a 60/40 mix.
each to their own tho.
I've found the biggest "wrong" is to not use enough concentrate in the mix.... at least 33% up to 50%its actually more damaging to the engine components when the mix is under ratio,

and as has been mentioned, it has a life and must be change at the manufacturers required intervals

additonal info......

and ive been informed DO NOT mix more than 60 % glycol when using 'conventional coolants', ie: 'ethylene or propylene glycol' based,
as it decreases coolant performance and can create additive deposition....blocking radiators...

I think i will stick with a max of 50/50

BUMP.......extra info

Latest posts

Back