Z89A or Z9

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decan_frost

Reaction score
Just found some info on another site and it appears the larger cheaper Z9 oil filter will fit the D40.Has anyonedone this,can they confirm the 40mm height increse will be ok.

40mm height difference would go close to not fitting under the pipes and cables that are there I think. The D40 filter can already be a bitch to get off from some angles not sure I'd want to risk it for a few bucks.

Have tried the Z9 and as mentioned , could not get it under the pipes and CR....go remote filter housing adaptor if you wish

Be careful using different filters than what are listed. They may have a different bypass pressure or maybe the anti drain valve may not be on and is not on the other.
I learnt of these problems when working as a salesman selling Donaldson filters in a past life.The little saving in the price of the cheaper filter might turn out bloody expensive.
cheers phil

Yes, the Z89A has a a different bypass pressure than the Mann Filter (OEM)

not huge, but it is different

from reliable sources.......

the manufacturer's information spec sheets...feel free to check it yourself

Bypass pressures: Ryco Z89A = 15psi
: OEM (Mann, W 920/48)=14.5psi

small, but different nonetheless

the manufacturer's information spec sheets...feel free to check it yourself

Bypass pressures: Ryco Z89A = 15psi
: OEM (Mann, W 920/48)=14.5psi

small, but different nonetheless

They dont specify whether or not this is the "cracking" or unseating pressure or the pressure required to allow full flow across the orifice and fully by pass the filter.

They dont specify whether or not this is the "cracking" or unseating pressure or the pressure required to allow full flow across the orifice and fully by pass the filter.

well it would seem that you have a phone, email and of course internet....give em a call, I've spent enough time looking it up over the last few years and mentioned it in a number of threads.

and from a Nissan warranty POV, that difference is all it takes to knock back a claim, irrespective of the unseating or cracking pressure or even the difference of the can color.

I personally would like to use a non bypassed can like the Ryco Z170, tho I believe the filter element is a different micron rating than the bypassed version, so I'll want to look at it a bit more....

Never ever have had any probs blocking the relief vavle to have full filtration on any of my smallblock chevs, infact its a standard must do mod.

thanks for the info , did GUD let you know the micron rating ?.....I'm seriously thinking about a remote setup with 2 filters and additional oil cooler\\just need more info before I go down that street

Well, I got a Z9 filter to fit..have posted more info on another post fyi..The Ryco filter wont fit due t its height

DSCF7360.jpg

DSCF7354.jpg

thanks for the info , did GUD let you know the micron rating ?.....I'm seriously thinking about a remote setup with 2 filters and additional oil cooler\\just need more info before I go down that street

i think they did tho I cant find the email atm....will look for it again when i get back home...i would like to know also before I use one.
if i cant find it, i'll contact the GUD techie again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back