YD25 less power than the ZD30?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mav42

Reaction score
Hi guys i'm looking at buying a D22 but upon doing some research about the engine's avaliable redbook.com.au is saying the YD25 has less power than the ZD30 so effectivley Nissan has gone backwards??

AND what makes me more confused is the D40 has the same YD25 engine but with much more power??

I'm not interested in the D40 so should i get the ZD30 or the YD25 in my D22? Which one is better? Should the power figures determine which is best??

Please help!

Hi guys i'm looking at buying a D22 but upon doing some research about the engine's avaliable redbook.com.au is saying the YD25 has less power than the ZD30 so effectivley Nissan has gone backwards??

AND what makes me more confused is the D40 has the same YD25 engine but with much more power??

I'm not interested in the D40 so should i get the ZD30 or the YD25 in my D22? Which one is better? Should the power figures determine which is best??

Please help!

Do you want a newer truck or an older truck?

ZD30 has slightly higher power/torque but YD25 has better fuel economy, more refined and higher technology/emissions control.

My YD25 goes everywhere that the ZD30's do. My advice would be to buy the newest you can afford.

I would go the newer YD25 and yes it is essentialy the same engine in the D40, the '22 is just has a detuned version, nonetheless its a good setup in the '22.

i wouldnt put off a yd25 just because it has a little bit less power than the zd30 but it depends on what u have available where u are

a detuned yd 25 makes good sense to me
i think the d40 has bigger turbo and better flowing head

egr block ,chip and exhaust will improve the 22

Latest posts

Back