Which mod next???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosery

Reaction score
Here is what im looking at getting for my nav, just wondering what you all think of it and in which order I should get it all and any info you may have, Or any other mods to consider.
Scrub bars and side steps
3' exhaust
Steinbauer chip??
Turbo timer
Top mount intercooler

Depends what you want out of your Navara and what order you would like it in.
I would be going the Exhaust first then the turbo timer. After that Intercooler and then chip.
The reason for my thinking is to lower the EGT (exhaust gas temperature) as low as you can before you chip it.

Bars would depends on how much 4x4 you plan on doing before the other mods are done.

That is true, I am just a big fan of exhaust systems being done first. No particular logic.
Turbo Timer should be around the $300 mark.

The scrub bars & side steps will be needed before your next bush trip, and you don't need any of the other stuff for that.

The jury's still out on whether the 75mm exhaust is going to give you any value.

The chip - now that's going to give you more ponies for sure, but whether you get the Steinbauer, the DP, ChipIt, Unichip or the No Limits (or whatever else) is up to you. Northside 4x4 put some exceptional info together in this thread (click here), stickied in the main forum. It will help you decide.

Turbo timer - now it's useful, especially if you are concerned that you might impatiently turn off your engine after a hard run.

The intercooler is good for two reasons - it does give you better performance (and lower EGTs too) but it also catches turbocharger fragments. The turbo timer might help prevent that, but thinking of the intercooler as insurance is a good approach. The difference between the top mount and the front mount is fairly simple: the front mount is much more efficient, but you may have to add a thermal fan to assist during really hot weather, particularly if towing. The top mount will soak up a lot of engine heat and won't be anywhere near as efficient. Plus you have to take to your bonnet with snips!

Hope that helps.

If you like going bush, do you plan on a camper trailer, rooftop tent, canopy, fridge etc?

Thanks so far guys. About the intercooler Tony i only lean towards top mount because i like the look of a bonnet scoop, but dont no much about either. Yeah its a 05 d22 with a 3L diesel.
cheers

It will come down to how much money you have. To give you a rough idea:
Scrub bars and side steps $1000
3' exhaust $1000 fitted
Steinbauer chip?? + Dyno tune $1500-$2000
Turbo timer $50 off ebay + $100 fitting
Top mount intercooler Depending on size $1500

delete your exhaust gas recirculation before any mods. remove pipe that goes from turbo manifold to the egr on other side of motor then press a 25mm stainless welsch plug into where it bolts to the turbo manifold and bolt back up. Easy power upgrade. cost $2

You'll end up with a soot free inlet manifold, engine and turbo exhaust housing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for $2

Latest posts

Back