What to do??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jclay

Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently drive a 2006 NISSAN NAVARA D22 ST-R 4x4. 91,000kms, 3.0Ltr Turbo Diesel, 5sp Manual, air-con, cd player, steel bull bar, IPF spotlights, Safari snorkel, towbar, tinted windows, 100 amp hr dual battery, electronic rust protection, 2 baby seat anchor points, tonneau cover and also an aluminium canvas canopy. Tyres still have approx 30,000km left. Rego till April 2012. Full Warranty till April 2013.

My brother has offered me his 4.2 ST Patrol 2006, 130,000kms, Manual, IPF Spotlights, alloy bull bar and tow bar for $30,000. It has probably done around 20,000kms towing a 3t load. The rest has been mainly city driving. Never been off road.

We have a kid on the way so the extra room will be nice. The car would be used for mainly city driving with the occasional camping / off road trip. It would also be used to tow a 2t boat.

Should I part with the trusty Nav and go the Patrol. I understand that fuel economy will be slightly less but what other negatives are there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, John.

06 4.2 patrol for 30k sounds pretty good to me, I'd be pretty keen to do the swap if you can.

There's not alot that goes wrong with Patrol's. Swivel hubs need rebuilding about 120,000km's. But that happens to all live axle front diffs.

With a few tweakes the TD42's go alright.

There not as awesome as everyone makes out stock.

Thanks guys. I think I am starting to lean towards the Patrol. I have driven it plenty of times and it is a good vehicle. Could do with the tweaks that Dave speaks of though. I have towed the 3t load with it and it handles that well. Certainly would be more comfortable for the growing family.

Mate where you from ?

If your in QLD, talk to Northside4x4 on here. He will be able to get the TD moving.

Yeh I am in Qld. Will look at doing some upgrades money permitting. Now just got to sell the Nav.

Nav sold. Just waiting for the full payment so I can get the Patrol. Thanks for the feedback.

Latest posts

Back