Wet feet, dry bottom

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craighaty7

Reaction score
I have a MY2010 D40, 18months from new, 80,000kms, and have had some problems with faulty 2wd-4wd-4lo selector and water in the transfer case.
I do go through some water occassionally, as I have to access flood areas sometimes.
Wondering if someone can tell me all the areas underneath to protect, ie extending the transfer case breather.
Some pics could be handy if available.
As flood season is approaching again I want to protect what I have to to be able to drive through water.

Transfer case, gearbox, both diffs and you're pretty much right. Use a wading bra at all times when entering water to protect the intercooler/radiator from damage by debris. If you have a steel bar, you probably already have the steel plate that will deflect debris away from the lower part of the engine anyway, but if not, get a set of bash plates.

You might also consider ensuring the ABS lines are snugly away. On a recent 4WD trip one of the guys snagged a stick in a rut and it ripped the ABS wires clean out of the sensor.

there is also a breather on the transfer shift controler. it's at the top of the little black controle box on the back of the transfer case. it has a hose on it thet runs up to the top of the gear box along with the other 2 lines (gearbox and transfer) if you reach up above the bell housing you will feel a steel bracket with 3 pipes on it. thats the one to extend just pull the hoses off and join them and run up to engine bay...

Latest posts

Back