water/oil foamed up in catch can??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got pictures. Is anyone running straight water with no meth? If be keen on a water only mix just to bring egt down.

Yeah i run straight water heaps, just cos im too lazy/stingy to buy more methanol haha
It doesnt really bring egts down much if any, i never tried straight water with the big nozzle i had tho...
Maybe you guys with bigger nozzles can say.
Hehe bigger nozzles

Hey mate i dont have any pics, but my setup is;
Coolingmist 150psi pump mounted on lhs wheel arch in the tray, 15l bunnings water container nearby.
Solenoid valve and then the 2gph devilsown nozzle mounted in the intake on the top of the curved pipe.
A pressure switch is T'd into the boost sensor line, which feeds the power to the pump and solenoid.
I have a switch in the cab to cut off power to the boost switch and hence everything else. And also a led light connected to the +ve of the pump, to let me know what boost pressure its coming on at.
Got mine coming on about 10psi, but have hat it as low as 5psi without problems.
At a 30% meth to water mix you can definatly feel the better acceleration thru the gears, and 40% even better, but more methanol means higher egts.

Hope i answered your question mate

Yer The kit takes a little while to sort out.
I run a 20-80 30-70 some where in that range.
It definitely seems to handle EGT
I can comfortably drive up mount mousley in 5th at 80km.hr
and only get to around 580 EGT with it on as 12psi and up (on/off system)
this is with the chip on at various points of the hill.
before i would hit the limit twice (650) before the top.

Great system, 380 for an upgraded kit its a hell of a lot cheaper than a chip and better benefits than an inter-cooler.

I also just checked my catch can, there was about 1 teaspoon of brown baby poo looking oil... that's expected as i has the pump accidentally with the engine off- only for a short while (no hydro lock).
and a bit on when the engine was cold up hills.
not concerned at all.

Bad news guys!!
Just serviced the nav and wanted to check the turbo out. For those who don't know my turbo blew up about 4months ago and I replaced it with a new one with a billet turbine.
Anyway my new turbo has been damaged on the impeller! I think some of that foamed up oil managed to get by my catch can! I wish I fitted the provent can sooner! The impeller is all pitted. It actually looks like its had an object infront of it as there is dents in intake housing too.... WTF! Hopefully reliable by just a new turbo cartridge. Fingers crossed :( merry Xmas

bugger! thats not very inspiring as im running pre and post turbo injection.
however bare in mind the pre turbo is the smallest nozzle you can gt 0.75. I'll keep an eye out.

sorry to hear that, especially for one of those billet turbos, there not cheap!
im glad ive had a catch can from the word go!

Cheers lawry.
Ps, always had a catch but a cheap non filtered one. I'm now going to fit the provent and just for extra protection I'm going to feed in back before air filter.

aw i see
Yer mine is one of those two chamber home made jobs. They seem to work well.
Its amazing how much oil would be going through the turbo without one!
So what turbo are you going for now? another billet or a cheapie.

Im running a cheap 650 ebay turbo, Had it for around 4 months and its still brand new, just a thought if you don't want to spend the extra bucks.
Also just recently ive found replacement cartridges off ebay for the HT12-19b/
Only $199

Hoping to get mine repaired with just a billet cartridge.
Keep hearing about guys fitting roller bearing turbos... this interests me but the price tag of around 2500 is just to much to spend I think. I think its a gt25 modified to fit. A lot of ****ing around I think. Might just settle for repair or go with your idea of eBay cheapy.

Took the turbo back to bill at Adelaide turbo service. Awesome service again and one day turn around. Was a very happy customer. The repair cost me 560 and that was with a billet wheel replacement. Just got to fit it back on over the weekend.

Latest posts

Back