Turbo timer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty_dee

Reaction score
Hey
Was looking on eBay and came across a Bogaard turbo timer, model 724/ST-4. Was wondering if this would be suitable for my D22 Navara. I realize this specific model is not the 'plug and play' type, but if I took it to an auto elec would they be able to hard wire it?
Thanks
Scotty

you want this one >Bogard 925/NAV.
As it is simply to install, It is a plug and drive timer as I have.
No electrician required at all.
Fitted in 10-15 minutes max.

What Mick said. I have the same unit and very happy with its simplicity. The hardest part of the install is finding somewhere to secure the brains of the unit up under the dash.

Thanks for the replys. So even though I can get this model cheaper than the plug in one, it's not worth the hassle? Anybody got any tips on where to get the Bogaard 925/NAV the cheapest. The lowest I can find it for is 225. Thanks again

Pix said:
Speaking of turbo timers, how long should I set mine for? (probably a stupid question)

Well that depends how hard you are driving at the time. Normal driving you don't even need to set it at all, but if you're doing hard driving, like towing, hills, sand etc then a few mins to let everything cool down to normal operating temperatures is enough. Remember, even if you are just driving normally the engine heats up a little after switching off due to no pumping water/coolant, though this is not a dangerous spike in temps. & that's not a stupid question.

I have mine set at one minute for standard driving, because 1 minutes worth of deisel is nothing compared to a new turbo !!!! the harder i drive or if I tow set it for about 3- 5 mins

Thanks for the replys. So even though I can get this model cheaper than the plug in one, it's not worth the hassle? Anybody got any tips on where to get the Bogaard 925/NAV the cheapest. The lowest I can find it for is 225. Thanks again

I paid $180.00 for mine from TJM Newcastle about 2 years ago. I didn't really shop around for it just needed it so i bought it, seems like a good price now.

As far as run down time goes, for day to day work and back driving and the like i usually set it to 1 minute. Towing or a long freeway run i let it go for 3-5 minutes

is there any difference between timers? Reason i ask is i have a few from previous cars like apexi, blitz and some others that i can throw in if there is no real difference..

I looked into getting a plug and play item and couldn't justify the price, end up getting a universal type and soldered it in. Took me and hour or so and it was good to go.

-JOSH- said:
is there any difference between timers? Reason i ask is i have a few from previous cars like apexi, blitz and some others that i can throw in if there is no real difference..

Nope, all they do is continue to supply power (12v) to the ignition circuit to keep the engine running. The brand name ones like apexi & blitz etc have other features like 0-100kph timers, stop watches, volt meters etc. But for basic time down purposes they all do the same.

sweet as i may hit you up for that wiring detail dave, ill have a look at it myself first and see how I go. I am not a big fan of electrical on cars, always get someone in to do it but i might have a go at this.

I can't really justify paying around 200 bucks for a Bogaard model, what your opinions on the other units like HKS, Apexi, Greddy? Anyone using one of these and what you think?

I have fitted timers to both my D22 Nav and my dad's Patrol. Basic units from Repco - from memory they were $99.00. Only drama I had was in the Patrol if you have power on the ignition circuit but not the accessories circuit the computer has a hissy fit (that can't happen!!!) and the fault light comes on. Easy fixed by diode feeding the accessories circuit. They went in about 6 years ago. No issues thus far.

Regards

Scott

Hey mate were did ya get your keyless/imob/timer unit from and what is it called? Sounds awwsome haha

Latest posts

Back