Towbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgermasi

Reaction score
Hi There
I have an ARB towbar which I believe it is sticking out too far out as is and I'm planning to replace it with a HD Hayman Reese bar.
If you have a one of this HD Hayman Reese towbar could you please let me know how much they stick out from the number plate. Only the towbar without the tow tongue.

Many thanks fellas

I have the Hayman reese, and my number plate to the end of the square connection tube is,, 115mm, and doesnt protrude at all from under the lower step, in fact its set back by about 25mm

I have the HR towpack installed by the dealer before delivery. I also have the stock rear bumper.

The end of the hitch receiver opening sits in so far that the stock tongue, turned upwards, just clears the bumper.

If I remember to tomorrow (and if it isn't raining) I'll take a picture. Basically you couldn't want it any further in.

I have the HR towpack installed by the dealer before delivery. I also have the stock rear bumper.

The end of the hitch receiver opening sits in so far that the stock tongue, turned upwards, just clears the bumper.

If I remember to tomorrow (and if it isn't raining) I'll take a picture. Basically you couldn't want it any further in.

Thanks Old Tony

I have a HR towbar & agree with them^. It sits a little behind the step.

The only issue I have with mine is that it is difficult to connect the chains. The plate that has the holes for the chains is right up under the bumper & is difficult to get to. I ended up installing a couple of hammerloks to the bar that hang down a little so I could connect the chains easily.

I had the same issue Joe, I asked the guys if I could use multiple D-shackles and the answer was "Yes, because they're stronger than the chain".

Only trouble is, some prick keeps stealing them. I do 'em up with a friggin' spanner and they still manage to remove them, so these little bastards are going around with tools on 'em.

Might set me up an automated Gatling set to aim for jingling sounds. And no Santa, I'm not turning it off on 24th Dec!

Sorry Tony but I laughed a little.

Not that it is funny but something I am conscious of. I remove the shackles on my chains when parked because It could mean all sorts of strife if they are pinched although there are a couple of non-rated shackles stashed away for such emergencies.

Hi guys
how do you post pictures?
I'd like to show what happens to my rear bar when Off road and it would be much easier by posting a couple of pictures but I just can 't find how to do it.
Thanks much appreciated it

What I'm try to understand is which towbar gives better departure angle.
Definitely not the ARB one, so the alternatives are Hayman Reese and Nissan Genuine Spares.
Which one sits closer and higher to the rear axle? Or to the tailgate if that's easier to measure it.
Thanks a lot for your help guys.
Max

Here's a picture of mine. I've not reduced the size of the image but I've cropped it - the Canon EOS takes bloody big pics. Tried to leave enough of the surrounds so that scale could be gauged as well. You can see the towbar and how it only just clears the rear bumper.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0183-cropped.jpg
    IMG_0183-cropped.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 407
that's where it sits on the d22 too...just installed mine yesterday---so seems to be a common theme with Nissan

Latest posts

Back