topspeed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrluver22

Reaction score
what is the best performance chip to install to increase my top speed, rite now i'm doing 167km/h and I have the 2.5L 4x4 manual LE model.

Welcome Mrluver, obviously not an aussie with that model. Not sure where your from and what speeds you want to drive at but there is dedicated threads for several different chip makers which you can find with the search function. Not sure any list top speeds but they list enough info that you can make your own ideas up.

Welcome to the forum!

If you're after crazy speeds, swap out the engine for a 454, drop a 6-speed Hollinger box, rip the body off and drop a Monaro shell on the top (you might need to change the chassis as well so the body mounts line up properly).

Oh, it might need a new exhaust and you might find there's not enough room for the transfer case, but at those speeds you probably won't want 4WD anyway. All up I could do it all for you myself for $375,000 give or take the cost of the new wiper blades (I'm not sure the Navara ones will fit). It will do over 200km/h by the time you're done.

In all seriousness, who on earth drives a ute that fast anyway?

I second the Big Block Chev option... its the only way to go.

There aint no substitute for cubic inches....PERIOD!

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

In all seriousness, who on earth drives a ute that fast anyway?

I was sitting on 140 in the NT, no problems what so ever. Modern utes handle and brake better than most old cars so higher speeds aren't really an issue.

You'll run out of gearing before running out of power a chip isn't going to fix that. Changing the diff ratio is your only option to go faster.

You should also fit a EGT guage, the exhaust temps will be getting extremely hot with those high RPM loads. I highly recommend using these guys Chipit.com.au check out there petrol injection kit, it's just what you need.

Granted it's POSSIBLE, but to overcome the aerodynamic drag at those speeds you'd need some serious horsepower.

Braking - the Navara's brakes (stock factory ones) are shite. They suffer from fading just from normal driving, what's going to happen if you're treating this 2-tonne monster like it was a 1300kg V8 Supercar?

I'd also hate to be inside one as you take a corner. Especially since the thing won't slow down for the second and subsequent corners on a race track.

Please tell us this Navara isn't going to be used in Australia, where the highest speed limit is 130km/h anyway?

Given that it's an LE model and he's talking speed well in excess of what's legal i think it's probably a fair assumption that it's not Australian

Yes you can put more gearing in the arse end but you still need more RPM's and HP to push it along to those higher speeds.

Can you get 6000+ rpm from the little diesel?????

:idea::idea:
but then squeeze 300Kw from the little thing and some HWY gearing and......

Last edited by a moderator:
Navara D40 top speed

Hey guys thanks for the replies, i'm from the Caribbean, Trinidad to be exact, why i'm asking about increasing my pick up top speed is because i have a friend with the same model D40 and his top speed is 210km/h. All he did was replaced stock the air filter with a high performance K&N air filter, i did the same and nothing seem to work. My next option is a performance chip upgrade. I also hate the fact that a toyota VIGO 3.0l blowed passed me on the highway.

You need to find that BlueNav, guy. He has 350HP. at the rear wheels. I thnk he is around the Caribean area.
Take a look on the US Nissan Frontier forum and do a search for BlueNav, that guys has all the tricks.

Yes that was always the case till they let the F1 boys loose with turbos:biggrin:

sorry but that really is a common stupid fallacy.

when one says "there is no substitute for Ci" there is none...

Eg...if you spent the same effort, on a say, a 502ci as is on a pissy little gay F1 plastic....what would be the result????

:deadhorse:

And how does a F1 motor compare too a top fueler?
There is no substitute for cubes…

Oh well since we have trashed and hijacked the thread I guess we can now have a bit of fun.
.Eg...if you spent the same effort, on a say, a 502ci as is on a pissy little gay F1 plastic....what would be the result????

Well of course if you put it that way. Goes for any engine. As most internal combustion engines, roughly 30% of the fuels energy is going straight out the exhaust pipe. So volumetric effecientcy increases with turbos, we get somthing back.
We can't really compare a 2011 top fuel engine with an F1 engine of the 80's(sorry Krankin I should say gay plasticy F1 engine:) but I'll do my best and have some fun trying. Both have some really wierd engineering. Power per cubic cm is similar to an F1 tubo engine. I think around 8000BHP for an 8200cc engine. Pretty impressive stuff!
The F1 turbo engine was a not very far behind around 1300 BHP for a 1500cc engine in quallifying tune, boost pushing 5 bar which by no supprise is the around the same boost of the supercharged top fuel engine. (no supprise as both engines apart from being wildly different in configuration are near or at the maximum theroretical output for a internal combustion engine of it's size. There actually is a formular for it called P.L.A.N.)
Over the years there have been some wildy exagerated claims for the turbo F1 engines but the real figure is as stated above.
It was 86 that saw the bigest outputs before pop off valves were introduced. It was at Monza that year when the BMW in line 4's were peaking over 5.5 bar which would of equated to over 1400BHP, there dyno's only went up to a 1000BHP. Again, some pretty inpressive stuff particularly for 1986. You might be thinking ah but that is in Qually tune but remember the expected life of both the top fuel and the F1 enigne would be around the same. In minutes and not to far into double figures at a guess.
In race tune they were around 1000BHP, a still creditable 750BHP per litre.
Fuel was qutie different, 100 octane petrol for the F1 donk, alcohol and nitro methane for the TF. I wont go into it, im not a chemist:)
Now days, your probably right Krankin they are a bit gay and platicy. Back then the engine way overpowerd the chaisis. Which made for great racing.

Last edited:
Well of course if you put it that way. Goes for any engine.

maximum theroretical output for a internal combustion engine of it's size. There actually is a formular for it called P.L.A.N.)

As we have learnt now..i can only hope...

"There's NO substitute for Ci"

The plan formula in simple form....P x L x A x N / 33,000 is the formula for calculating indicated HP from MEP and is not so much as calculated a max hp that a given engine will handle as a max but a hp figure found after the mep (mean effective pressure) per cylinder, is known.

The above PLAN formula goes into a more advanced form once you've found P, L,A and N, of:

HP = mep x stroke x bore2 x pi x rpm x no. of cylinders /
12 x 4 x 2 x 33,000

The blue Navara with 350BHP is from Suriname, I think my best option is a performance chip and a K&N air filter, any ideas on which brand I should use ((performance chip i.e)?

My top speed

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389764416627.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389764416627.jpg
    39.8 KB

Latest posts

Back