To upgrade or not.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezzablue

Reaction score
Hi all

Have a 2005 3.0lt STR with 190000 going like a dream and love it. I have had the car for 4 years and tow 18ft pop top van. Should I upgrade to another STR or not. Concerns are my trucks mileage especially when towing long distances. I note the later model STR has less KW than the old girl so to get the same torque would need to chip it.
Also a bloke at work has a 2010 STR and has a loud ticking sound on start up. He has been told some these motors have a fault that if not fixed bang. Your advice would be appreciated.

Tezzablue

isnt the 2010 a 2.5L and 140kw with 450nm of torque. thats heaps stronger than the earlier model aint it? or am i thinkin of the top spec model?
Dunno, but the one i was driving as a work car had heaps more grunt than the previous 3.0L d22. this one is a 2009 2.5L

isnt the 2010 a 2.5L and 140kw with 450nm of torque. thats heaps stronger than the earlier model aint it? or am i thinkin of the top spec model?
Dunno, but the one i was driving as a work car had heaps more grunt than the previous 3.0L d22. this one is a 2009 2.5L

pretty sure thats the d40 that has 140kw d22 only has about 110 from memory...... thats still more than the 3.0l but not that much.

Tezza, I agree with scotty. If you're happy with it, why do anything. Just out of interest, my brother in law has his own mechanica lbusiness (serviced my ute this week) and they look after some d22s that have done well over 500,000 kms.

the post above is the right one regarding power of the two.

I would keep what you have.

Does the new D22 have the same dual mass flywheel set up as the D40. If it does and you are towing, the answer is definately keep what you have.

The new d22's still run a single mass flywheel so don't suffer the same problems as the d40.

-Tyler

Latest posts

Back