The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I very much doubt they will change the oil, the 1000k check is pretty much just a look over and attend to any problems the owner might have noticed.

^ just like that. They basically notice that the thing hasn't fallen apart and take it around the block to see if the sticky tape is still holding.

As for your phone book, each of these monsters does it differently. With my HTC Touch, I have to send contacts as vcards, but it takes so long for my phone to list all of its contacts when it's bluetooth-connected that the thing times out, so I don't bother.

Depends on the radio installed, The Eclipse in the Xtrail I have and the factory stereo in my mothers Dualis both use the push protocol for phonebook transfers, the iphone absolutely and utterly does not support it. No idea about the HTC thouch, but if it is push protocol then it will probably not be possible.

I found a workaround for the Eclipse though (Have not tried it for a second phone) my work recently replaced blackberry phones with iphone 4s, the Eclipse obviously stores the phonebook against the phone number paired not against the phone imei number as with the new iphone I can still access the phonebook from the blackberry.

I must get hold of a compatible phone to transfer my personal iphone contacts with.

gave new truck a trip to sydney at the weekend. Proved to be a fantatic 2 days driving, except for the rain. Fuel consumption down to 10.1. Not bad but hopefully improves a bit when motor has a few thousand k's on it.

Only help i need is to transfer contacts from phone to phonebook in radio. Tried following the manual but nothing happened. Stopped at the "send name" step.
Have Iphone and also a HTC Wildfire. Any hints appreciated.

Also at first service, 1000k, should I get the oil changed?

Hi Ekka so far the best i've had out of mine was 9.9 l/100 according to the dash computer if you can believe those things, as for sending of contacts i have an eclipse stereo put into my bus and found i could only transfer 1 contact at a time with my htc hd2. I was however using a differnet rom to the original which btw is far superior to the original rom. If you find out how to transfer the lot over let me know as it takes forever to do 1 at a time.

Worm.

Hi Ekka so far the best i've had out of mine was 9.9 l/100 according to the dash computer if you can believe those things, as for sending of contacts i have an eclipse stereo put into my bus and found i could only transfer 1 contact at a time with my htc hd2. I was however using a differnet rom to the original which btw is far superior to the original rom. If you find out how to transfer the lot over let me know as it takes forever to do 1 at a time.

Worm.

Still battling the phone, can do 1 at a time so may take awhile.
On the economy side, SWMBO did a run to Forster and back today about 330k's, on dash readout it is down to 9.4. Very happy with that.
Trying to work out fuel use by the old way with how many litres to fill and kilometres travelled may not be accurate as speedo is reading about 7 k's fast when checked with GPS.

Last edited:
The word I am getting is that Patrick's the shipping mob are involved. Apparently they are the outfit that assemble parts (that need to be fitted) on Nissan cars at the wharf compound. It appears to be them who are reporting that they cannot release the cars because they cannot complete the fitout because they do not have the parts. I don't believe it is the Dealers fault, they appear just as frustrated as I am. So it all comes back to Nissan - WTFIGO. Anyway I have registered my protest and informed the Dealer that I am definately not now buying an Xitrail for the bride. Might toddle down to Mitsubishi this afternoon and have a look at the ASX. My patience has all but run out.

What's your dealer telling you Worm?

Doug

"CONFIRMED"
Well I rang the dealer again today to find out what's happening he said it's in brisbane which I already know and has been for weeks, he said it's waiting to be fitted out but they don't have the parts to fit out, so still don't have a delivery date.
NOT HAPPY
hunter

Picked mine up on Tuesday, Left for Canberra and just got back this evening.

Covered 780k's and returned an average 8.9 on the trip (Wyong to Canberra and Return (F3, M2, M7, M5 then down the south-west highway). Just like Worm it also was showing -6km/h less at 110km vs the gps.

She goes really well, very quiet and smooth, has a very short 1st and 2nd. Only complaint is Nissan has stuck the steering wheel on crooked (they'll fix it on its 1000k service)

Chris

Hunter, they do have the parts because mine has just been finished and delivered to the dealer in Redcliffe. The problem is the new V6 is what they call a long fitout. It takes one person about a day to install all the parts onto the car. When I spoke to my dealer last week he told me that there were about 60 cars at the wharf requiring a long fitout. These were not necessarily all Navara V6's. Some other models also have a long fitout. If you go to your dealer he can show you on his computer screen exactly where they are at in the fitout process. Each time an item is fitted to the car (for example - tub liner) it it is recorded
against the car record (VIN #)and includes the date the item fit was completed. I could see what was done to my car and what was not completed. From my recollection viewing the screen there about 12 items in the fit program. The last line was the delivery schedule and this also included a date.

Hi all,

good to see we are keeping up with the rest of the World but the only thing i dont like on the 550 is the stupid Roof racks, are they staying on the 550?

Picked mine up on Tuesday..........

Hey Chris has your paper work from Nissan got the part number for that bonnet protected listed anywhere?

I've got the part number for the "genuine" smoked bonnet protector but the dealer didn't have one in stock to show me how dark it was. I know I can get ones as dark as yours appears to be off ebay for about $75-80 but I can get the genuine one for $43 so if that is what smoked looks like I think I'll go genuine.

That's cool for $40 bucks I might just risk it when I get the filters and stuff then rip it of on fleabay if it's not what I want.

purchased my d40 king cab from my father so he could get the 550....he got it today after 4 extra weeks for delivery same prob as most people,he just kept hounding nissan not the dealer and got there in the end....looks very nice (except the roof racks,might learn to love them....they dont look overly usefull....) had a drive and i must say i was impressed.mine is a 09 d40 2.5 manual i WAS happy with it....not sure now.the 550 makes mine feel ruff ,jumpy and slow..550 was very smooth, heaps of power,7 speed auto was really nice so was the manual mode...interior looked much the same as a duel cab stx... nice but not really plush.he sold mine because he tows a large van around and hated the lag.think he will be very happy with the new one....towing will be a dream even for mum.

https://picasaweb.google.com/camo.jb/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCI-ouoCS1qXV-AE#5587628772030641794

Hang onto it.

I have seen one of those Military Willy's in action.

They are awesome, probably didn't help that the guy driving it was drinking a bottle of Jim Beam straight so gave him some more confidence. Lol.

Placed my order for 550 in December. Just like Camo.b's dad. It arrived in Melbourne 23/2 and has been fitted out but it is still sitting on the dock. My dealer tells me that they are waiting for transport and have no idea when it will be sent. They say that is the way Nissan do it, it just turns up. Very frustrating as I want to sell my Patrol but will be without vehicle to tow my caravan if I sell early.

plod

local dealer here got the last one he ordered first !!!!wasnt dads....think his landed on the docks about the same dates as yours plod...cant be far away.....transport was the final issue with dads too....dont see why the isnt better logging/tracking on nissan's side....

Latest posts

Back