Thai or Spain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decan_frost

Reaction score
Ive a blown Spain turbo diesel motor in my 2007 D40 dual cab.
Will the 2011 Thai motor work in mine with computer etc and are horsepower figures the same??.

Thankyou inadvance Ash

There are differences aside from the various egr/dpf/cat requirements for different markets.
Coolant layout, particularly to the heater and turbo, is certainly different between Thai and Spanish builts (the euro shop manual I downloaded differs quite a bit from how the coolant layout is on my Thai built)

The ecu will also require at the very least, resetting of all injector codes as each injector comes with a unique 30 digit flow adjustment code.

Sorry to hear about your engine......Do you know what caused the blow up???? Probably out of warranty im guessing. How many K's have you done???

Different head layout I believe(crossflow) with the 140kW motor, pretty sure turbo's different too. If you strip it back to the bare block, then swap over all the 2007 ancillaries it might work. There must be some low K's 127kW Spain motors around. A much safer option IMO.

* and more info on why it went bang.

There are differences aside from the various egr/dpf/cat requirements for different markets.
Coolant layout, particularly to the heater and turbo, is certainly different between Thai and Spanish builts (the euro shop manual I downloaded differs quite a bit from how the coolant layout is on my Thai built)

The ecu will also require at the very least, resetting of all injector codes as each injector comes with a unique 30 digit flow adjustment code.

Thanx for the info guys and concern will keep looking into it.

Will be doing the swap either.
Would nt the Chip it man Robert know .there product just re setup all the goodies for it to run! ecu etc

Motor done a hard 180k.Serviced no latta than 10k between oil changes.Ran Nulon 5w 30 100% Synthetic(Which i still reccommend)

Will be fitting one of these next time http://www.jackmasterfilters.com/
The read on the truck doing 1 million MILES is a hoot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back