sunken ute

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosery

Reaction score
With the wet weather today I thought id go for a play in some puddles. Well I ended up sinking the nav. I get home and pull up the carpet and mop up the water. But i found on both sides in the front these funny plate things bolted to the floor. They seem useless to me but they look like they are ment to be there but they are rusty, so can i pull them off and just leave them out and plug the holes up???

I can't imagine Nissan installing a few plates that did nothing but I don't know what plates you are referring too. What model Nav have you got?

Edit: suppose I could have looked at your garage!

They have been formed to the shape of the floor so seems they are ment to be there and are about 200mm by 100mm and held in with 3 bolts. Haha yeah, but its a 05 d22

Sounds like your side step mount points to me.

Post a photo. From memory, There should be three down each side of the truck and they should be a pretty thick steel plate, what's underneath the truck at these points?

I'm fairly positive it's your side step mount points.

Sounds like your side step mount points to me.

Post a photo. From memory, There should be three down each side of the truck and they should be a pretty thick steel plate, what's underneath the truck at these points?

I'm fairly positive it's your side step mount points.

^^^ What he said, you'll see why they are there if you ever take the side steps off.

There think photos uploaded. But I dnt think it would be to do with side steps. The plate is inside the ute under the carpet where your feet sit. Sorry i probs didnt explain very well where it is.

Attachments

• P1111548.jpg
    P1111548.jpg
    206.2 KB
  • P1111547.jpg
    P1111547.jpg
    147.9 KB
  • P1111546.jpg
    P1111546.jpg
    188.9 KB
scottybobcat said:
they are the plates for your side steps. You obviously dont have yours on. Take the plates off and put gromots in the holes with silicon.

^^^ what I said earlier and Scotty has also said, the side steps bolt through the floor pan and into these plates.

Latest posts

Back