Stealership strikes again

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bah jsut saw it was 10k...yea thats pretty exxy...it sux u cant do it urself for about $150. pretty much paying them to KEEP your warranty.

mike1303 said:
Booked the nav in for it's 10thou service.... $485 later! Blimey

What dealer? Obviously not following capped price. Should be no more than $298.00 max!

250.11 for manual or non DPF Thai build.
298.00 for vehicle with DPF.

Isn't capped price only for cars brought since the caps came in?

I was quoted $280 for mine ages ago when it was due, and even that's a joke since it's only oil and filters. Chances are they don't even replace the air filter unless it's really bad and the inspections the book says they should do only get done if they are bored.

And for the record 100K is not a major service and should cost about the same.

Gee I'm sure the rag I got in the mail from my local knobs (I mean dealers) told me capped price was only on their new cars not on previously brought models. Not that it matters they don't get my business anyway.

I have a fair bit of confidence (perhaps misplaced?) in my dealer but was a little disappointed that he charged me about $30.00 or so more than what I later found out to be the cost of the 10,000k capped price service.

I can now rest in peace in the knowledge that my DPF vehicle will be a bit more which makes sense given that the oil is more expensive.

I would have made an arse of myself arguing the toss about the cost at my next service.

very interesting posts guys,
makes one glad to be a member here.
Dare i say ill be calling up tomorrow and inquiring into the price of this service.

What got me was when i called up the previous week for a quote it was around the $249 mark.

I shall let you know what happens,

thanks heaps

I just found this too...

Lucky me :):):):)

Cappedpriceservice.jpg

Ha, stealership!

They're thiefs, that's for sure. Glad to get out of that line of work. The amount of dodgey things I've seen happen and rip offs they tell their customers... Get your car serviced at anywhere who will do log book servicing. Half the cost, and their work will be better.

The footnote at the bottom of the page says,

"**Check registration sticker for VIN number. †Models with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) require a higher grade of oil. This oil will add $45.54 to the price of each Scheduled Service. Ask your Dealer to determine if this applies to your vehicle."

Odd that the capped price servicing does not appear to discriminate with autos.

Last edited:
I called my dealer today and inquired about the price.
He said I was miss I formed and the price will be $360 odd something.
So I asked why the fixed price cap spreadsheet on their website says it should only cost $250 give or take.
He said he would look into it and call me back.

Needless to say when he called back the price had dropped again to $250.10!
A touch better then the $485 I was originally quoted....

Makes me wonder how many people just pay the bill and dont ask questions!

mike1303 said:
I called my dealer today and inquired about the price.
He said I was miss I formed and the price will be $360 odd something.
So I asked why the fixed price cap spreadsheet on their website says it should only cost $250 give or take.
He said he would look into it and call me back.

Needless to say when he called back the price had dropped again to $250.10!
A touch better then the $485 I was originally quoted....

Makes me wonder how many people just pay the bill and dont ask questions!

Your last comment is exactly why these dealers charge. Even though if they do it by capp the dealer gets a monthly rebate.

Stealership is the correct term,just been told by the mechanic down the road that a uni joint for my front prop shaft from nissan is just over $200........WTF. Then his labour on top.

its capped servicing from nissan, but dont use nissan go else were as long as certified mechanic cant void waranty only the extended waranty will be voided not that it covers anything anyway..... off memory its 249$ thats it.....

navarian said:
Stealership is the correct term,just been told by the mechanic down the road that a uni joint for my front prop shaft from nissan is just over $200........WTF. Then his labour on top.

It's most probably not the dealer. Standard mark up.
Probably paying $165.00 from
Nissan.
Post part number and I'll check list price.

Latest posts

Back