St-x 550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04SilverSTR

Reaction score
Brother inlaw has just put a deposit on a ST-X 550 today, got a ripper deal with bullbar, towbar and weather sheilds! Went with him on the test drive and i must say im pretty impressed, good space in the rear of the cab also feels good power wise although it only had 26km on the clock and ride wise it was like being in a sedan to a point!

looking forward to when he gets it so i can take if for a fang!:3gears:

also the day nissan out that motor in the patrol will be a very good day!:rock:

bryan

p.s
they are still hair dresser cars though! :rambo:

So he pick the 550 up last week. took it for a drive tonight, it only has 470km on the clock so i didnt get into it to much but wow! it is very nice. good power and rides quite nice. will be good once it gets a few ks on it and frees up.

He is going to sign up here soon but has a question. he is going to put 3 lightforce across the front and wants to know of anyone else that has done it and weather it affects the airflow at all??

cheers bryan

Last edited:
It will make a difference. 3 lights are going to block a fair bit of air, and the V6 diesel already has issues with heat.

2 lights would leave a decent gap - as it is, he'd probably struggle on hot days when towing or heavy 4WDing.

Nissan decided that above 45km/h the cooling system can back off a bit, surrendering the engine power to the drive train rather than the cooling fan. Blocking the intake will raise engine temps forcing the ECU to bring the fan on again, and in the peak of summer it could cause the ECU to shut down the air conditioning.

this is the end result

Attachments

• stx.jpg
    stx.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 128
Thanks went for a drive great light led bar works better without the lens tho.

Latest posts

Back