Spotlight wiring question d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiddlestix

Reaction score
Hi all just a question in relation to the wiring of spotlights and relays.It was noted that the two relays for my spotlights are live my car went back to Nissan for a service and its come back and on the report the mechanic touched one on my spot light relays and noted is was live is this normal or is there a issue somewhere? I thought they would be live as i can hit my high beam and my spotties turn on without having my ignition on? Any help please?

Does your spotties have an independent switch in the dash??
Can they come on even with the keys out of the ignition??

if there is an independent switch this may account for the second relay, though from what i can tell they shouldnt come on if the ignition is off, maybe im reading your post wrong though im not sure.

Does your spotties have an independent switch in the dash??
Can they come on even with the keys out of the ignition??

if there is an independent switch this may account for the second relay, though from what i can tell they shouldnt come on if the ignition is off, maybe im reading your post wrong though im not sure.

Yes i do have a switch on the dash.There is two relays under the bonnet

Power to the relay can be live, that's how it's supposed to be. You don't want to be drawing the main power for the lights through the existing lighting system or the accessories wiring. Power for the relay, sure - it's a small fraction of one amp to power the relay.

Be glad that the mechanic isn't an auto electrician. If he was, and he made that sort of basic mistake, we'd all be suggesting that you go elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back