scanning tool

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really depends on what you want to do? Do you want Nissan level scanning or the run of the mill scanning that we all generally do and see what errors the car has?

if the D22 has OBD2, any scanner will work, from the Torque app on your phone to a cable one you can now even buy at Bunnings and Supercheap

It doesn't use the OBD2 protocol. So a normal, off the shelf OBD2 reader won't work.
For the Consult data, this works (courtesy of fritz.fx member):

www.buyobd.com

1 x Nisbie Bluetooth Adaptor A3 (ON-A3) = AU$4.90
1 x Nisbie Bluetooth BT3V24BA with 6-pin (ON-BT3V24BA) = AU$39.86

And the software is NDSI for Android. (not the prettiest interface, but it does the job)
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nissandatascan.ndsi

Twice I'm trying to order from this site and get stuck to the "select payment" page.
Such a bummer, even tried PayPal checkout.
It just never load the payment page.
Any idea where else could I order ?
Worse case scenario, does someone willing to ship a new bt3v24ba + A3 to my USA address ?
I could pay them with a PayPal invoice.

I'm actually planning to install a carter p4601hp lift pump on my D22 zd30ddt and hoping to get a fuel pressure gauge out of the NDSI android app.
Can't find any "cheap" and accurate 0-15psi pressure gauge I could install on my dash.

Thanks in advance.

I'm actually planning to install a carter p4601hp lift pump on my D22 zd30ddt and hoping to get a fuel pressure gauge out of the NDSI android app.
Can't find any "cheap" and accurate 0-15psi pressure gauge I could install on my dash.

Thanks in advance.

there is no factory fuel pressure sensor to get a read out from.
an analogue pressure gauge won't work well. i've tried before. the pulses up the fuel line screw with the reading and eventually breaks the gauge.
an electronic might work if you can get a programmable one with buffering. its also a lot safer than running a fuel line into the cab (which is why most mechanical gauges are mounted outside or use a diaphragm separator).

also don't forget if you fit a lift pump you will need to do the spill line mod (remove it from the inlet side of the IP and fit it on the outlet. otherwise you can pressurize the spill line and leak fuel into the oil.
also the safety shutoff, so if there is no oil pressure the pump shuts off.

It doesn't use the OBD2 protocol. So a normal, off the shelf OBD2 reader won't work.
For the Consult data, this works (courtesy of fritz.fx member):

www.buyobd.com

1 x Nisbie Bluetooth Adaptor A3 (ON-A3) = AU$4.90
1 x Nisbie Bluetooth BT3V24BA with 6-pin (ON-BT3V24BA) = AU$39.86

And the software is NDSI for Android. (not the prettiest interface, but it does the job)
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nissandatascan.ndsi
i tried in Mozilla Firefox & seemed to be ok, although i did notice when i went to checkout or to pay firefox did detect a security issue that i had to accept. Also another tip would be to create an account and login. Another browser i would recommend is 'Brave'.

there is no factory fuel pressure sensor to get a read out from.
an analogue pressure gauge won't work well. i've tried before. the pulses up the fuel line screw with the reading and eventually breaks the gauge.
an electronic might work if you can get a programmable one with buffering. its also a lot safer than running a fuel line into the cab (which is why most mechanical gauges are mounted outside or use a diaphragm separator).

also don't forget if you fit a lift pump you will need to do the spill line mod (remove it from the inlet side of the IP and fit it on the outlet. otherwise you can pressurize the spill line and leak fuel into the oil.
also the safety shutoff, so if there is no oil pressure the pump shuts off.
Yes for the spill line mod, and I'm also doing a bypass valve check, in case the lift pump dies.

Any advice on an electronic fuel pressure gauge ?

i tried in Mozilla Firefox & seemed to be ok, although i did notice when i went to checkout or to pay firefox did detect a security issue that i had to accept. Also another tip would be to create an account and login. Another browser i would recommend is 'Brave'.
I'll have a go at it again today.

I'll have a go at it again today.
I'm struggling, I've tried with Edge, chrome and firefox.
When you click continue to go to the step 2 checkout payment, it never goes.

What's my alternatives ?

nisbie.PNG

Yes for the spill line mod, and I'm also doing a bypass valve check, in case the lift pump dies.

Any advice on an electronic fuel pressure gauge ?
no idea how well an electronic would work or if the vibrations would kill the sensor.

i completely forgot about the bypass check vale. also i used a 100mic mesh 7" prefilter, tho it is optional with some pumps.

my carter died. i went with a different style of pump.
however looking back at it, its probably not a great choice for diesel. they fill the motor with fuel, helps with cooling, but what happens when you get water in your diesel. its going to sit at the bottom of the pump where the brushes etc are. i think something like a holley style would be better as the motor is separated from the fuel and the regulator valve is on the outside of the pump (the carter is internal).
also note that some pump version do not come with a built in regulator and you will need to fit one. i used a holley bypass regulator.

no idea how well an electronic would work or if the vibrations would kill the sensor.

i completely forgot about the bypass check vale. also i used a 100mic mesh 7" prefilter, tho it is optional with some pumps.

my carter died. i went with a different style of pump.
however looking back at it, its probably not a great choice for diesel. they fill the motor with fuel, helps with cooling, but what happens when you get water in your diesel. its going to sit at the bottom of the pump where the brushes etc are. i think something like a holley style would be better as the motor is separated from the fuel and the regulator valve is on the outside of the pump (the carter is internal).
also note that some pump version do not come with a built in regulator and you will need to fit one. i used a holley bypass regulator.
I just ordered the carter 4601hp last week, if only I had asked the question first.

I ordered a k&n 100mic pre-filter, I'll place the lift pump as close as the tank possible.
My pickup came with 2 filters.
no regulator no, from what I read on Patrol lift pump mods, by the time it reached the IP it's below 12psi, and around 8-9psi during drives.

That's why I think I should really install an electric fuel pressure gauge, there is 0-16 psi glowshift in the usa ?

I'm in the Caribbean, get all my parts from USA, but of course got a Japanese built D22 ZD30 right hand, with no parts to be sourced locally.
I've been spending so much ordering shit from all over the world, especially Australia even though many shops wouldn't ship international.
On top of that I pay 46% on custom import duties.
So it's becoming an expensive project.

Still got my Turbo to cleanup, got a universal inter-cooler 2" kit to build, and an universal 3" stainless exhaust kit to build as well.

I'm struggling, I've tried with Edge, chrome and firefox.
When you click continue to go to the step 2 checkout payment, it never goes.

What's my alternatives ?

View attachment 38660
ok yes you are right, i couldn't get to step 2 either . However using brave browser i was able to checkout using paypal. Obviously i didn't login to PayPal and complete transaction, but it did load the PayPal page correctly. It took a bit of perseverance with brave however. The website seems pretty shonky, but i did receive my product purchased.

ok yes you are right, i couldn't get to step 2 either . However using brave browser i was able to checkout using paypal. Obviously i didn't login to PayPal and complete transaction, but it did load the PayPal page correctly. It took a bit of perseverance with brave however. The website seems pretty shonky, but i did receive my product purchased.
I've just installed Brave and getting the same problem.
Checking out with Paypal allows you to login your Paypal and it shows a transaction for the value of your cart, but not including the shipping cost.
It brings you back the the page I've uploaded previously where you select your shipping method.
then click continue for "step 2" payment page, never works.
Really frustrating, especially since it's not available anywhere else.

i see they recommend fitting a snubber valve to dampen the pressure spikes.
Got a reply from Auberins, they lowest pressure sensor is 36psi, since I only need 0-15psi they think it might not be accurate enough.
But they said :
"The bottom line is, SYL-1813 can read any linear pressure senders with 0-5V or 0-3V output signal. You need to program the gauge accordingly."
So I guess I need some help with that.

Back