Rooftop tent, tray mounted...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobez

Reaction score
Anyone done this? Was considering mounting it on steel bars across the top of the tub, provided it doesn't stick out over the sides. Should be pretty easy from how i have it planned in my head. By mounting it here, i figure i can modify the soft tray cover to still snap lock on the tub sills and i'll still have the tub tray space for gear (eskys, bags, toolbox etc).

Shouldn't be a drama. My other work ute has 2 large toolboxes bolted to the alloy tray and I can't see anything through the rear window. My ute prior to that was the same. I've been booked more times than I care to remember and it's never been mentioned!!

Only problem i can see it posing is restricting vision out of the rear windscreen. Mr.Plod may have issues with that.

they won't care. it's a "commercial vehicle" that's why its got a tray. as above and you can even fit a solid tray/canopy setup and they won't care...

Im now thinking i may get 3 pieces of say, 4mm thick steel, welded across the top of the tray, then the tent frane can be U bolted to those three pieces, then i retain some space in the tray.

Just means i'll have to rest the tent on the tray and mark out the exact spots i want the steel welded to so they line up with the frame under the tent to be bolted together.

Pretty straight forward.

Latest posts

Back