Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It started about 8:30 and has had moments of hammering down but at the moment it's just steady with a bit of lightning and thunder. I hope it stops soon and we don't get anywhere the 50-100mm they predict because the farm is flooded yet again. We got 20mm at the farm yesterday in 25 mins and it just added to the rain we got last week which already made the place sloppy. In parts at the moment it's downright dangerous for any machinery if it doesn't let up soon I'm going to hate to see it tomorrow.

How is it up your way?

Started at 6.40 tonight, I know that because i was on a tractor without a cab so i finished for the day. Was heavy for maybe 20 to 30 minutes with lightning, had 5 mm over night the last couple of nights, So we still pretty dry up this way

I was fitting a gate when the rain hit at lunch time but it wasn't that heavy and it stopped just as we finished lunch.

A fair bit of this area is dry but for some reason we have farms in the hilliest and wettest part of the region, I don't know if it's good planning or luck. I live about 40-45ks from the farms and yesterday as the farm got 20mm I reckon I was lucky to get 2mm at home, it came in a quick and powered down but there would have been bugger all in it, yet 40ks away they were paddling and swimming in the streets nearly.

The new block we got is 20 km north of the main farm and a couple of degrees warmer, Leave in a jumper and soon as you jump out of the ute over there its down to a shirt, Weather changes in such a short time/distance

We had bloody 27 and rain this morning, still trying to decide which is better that or the 31 with no wind we had the other day.

The keep saying all this rain and bursts of warm weather is prime snake weather but unless our snakes have floaties I'm not sure we are in trouble yet.

Im not on for a couple of days a d Krafty turns into a helping hand around here. What have a missed!!

That's off topic (in so many ways :ha: ) and we are not allowed to go off topic in technical threads no matter how funny we are or the deletion fairy comes along and exercises his right hand.

We don't see too many snakes thankfully, although we did have a cow die last year after being bitten by one.

That reminds me though I need to do some research on snake deterrents, I remember seeing some a while back and with the long grass we have at the moment they might be a good investment, or a waste of money.

We don't see too many snakes thankfully, although we did have a cow die last year after being bitten by one.

That reminds me though I need to do some research on snake deterrents, I remember seeing some a while back and with the long grass we have at the moment they might be a good investment, or a waste of money.

Those deterents are some sort of vibration,

KraftyPg said:

What about drop bears?

36 today in Hay, muggy, thunder & lightning show, gale winds,rain.......
great day for outside work in the red dirt:rant:

Latest posts

Back