ooops ive put a dent in it

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm back into them Nathan22 (sliders).Ring Adam at Niss 4x4 wreckers in Williamstown in Vic. He will have everything you need and probably have a gaurd in the same colour. He will send them up there mate.Mention that you are on the forum.

I'm back into them Nathan22 (sliders).Ring Adam at Niss 4x4 wreckers in Williamstown in Vic. He will have everything you need and probably have a gaurd in the same colour. He will send them up there mate.Mention that you are on the forum.

Thanks Scotty, will give you a call in the new year about sliders/steps and brush bar. Are you still going to do the removable brush bar set up i read about a few months back?
:cheers!:

Nathan

Oh Nath!!! Well done you may need to start stock piling them for future "incidents".
How did you manage that one??
The D40 is starting to look sick, nice light bar.

do it to the other 3 panels and you will fit 35's on:rofl2: it's a bugger when you go somewhere and suffer damage like that, do you think scrub bars would of saved it.

Oh Nath!!! Well done you may need to start stock piling them for future "incidents".
How did you manage that one??
The D40 is starting to look sick, nice light bar.

I was able to watch this one back, a mate used his phone to video the section i was doing.
Anyway i was going up a steep section of "Monkey Gum" and had to go between an embankment on my right and a very large exposed boulder on my left witch was a pretty tight squeeze when a rock about the size of my head was thrown up in the air by the front left tyre, as the rock was flying toward the back of the car, the ute slipped toward the boulder catching the flying rock in MID FLIGHT between my guard and the boulder!! hahaha, seriously could not of done it again if i was paid to :confused3:

Battle scarred = evidence you did it. Not that anyone who came along to Lithgow would ever doubt you now, mate - you were quite awesome out there.

Just a shame that the scars cost so much to heal!

The question about scrub bars is a good one - would they have helped? I don't think they would have prevented much of the pin stripes on the side of my car, after we took that "smoother" detour at the end of the day, but they might have deflected a rock.

Can we see the vid? I reckon it'd be quite interesting.

Battle scarred = evidence you did it. Not that anyone who came along to Lithgow would ever doubt you now, mate - you were quite awesome out there.

Just a shame that the scars cost so much to heal!

The question about scrub bars is a good one - would they have helped? I don't think they would have prevented much of the pin stripes on the side of my car, after we took that "smoother" detour at the end of the day, but they might have deflected a rock.

Can we see the vid? I reckon it'd be quite interesting.

that scar will cost a minimum of $500 for a new guard and for it to be painted then i will have to fit it including removing the snorkel and re-fitting it , so i think i will go with the insurance option as its only $100 dearer for the excess and i wont have to touch it.

Im really not sure about the brush bar, it may of just rolled the rock back onto the door or trapped it between the bar and the guard or even just pushed the entire bar across and into the guard.
I dont think it would of prevented any damage in this particular instance, it really was a freak occurrence.
I will try and get a copy of the vid or get it uploaded to YouTube if i can.

I decided that i best do a little bodge job on the guard so at-leats the passenger door could be opened again.

Before bodge job

after an hr with the worst panel beating tools ever, claw hammer, lump hammer, set of roofing folders and a block of wood hahaha this is the result............... not so good, BUT now i can open the door again so it will do until the new year.

I even got the mud flap back on lol

Last edited:
Looks pretty good to me, like sparra said, a little dirt on it and no one will be any the wiser.

Cheers Brad

I think the photo is being a little kind on reality, to be honest its pretty rough but it will do for now and im glad the door can be opened again! lol

nathand22 did you manage to get all the parts you needed to repair your truck? if not let me know and i can get you some prices that are usually very competitive.

I can get a wide range of body parts, cooling, electrical etc

nathand22 did you manage to get all the parts you needed to repair your truck? if not let me know and i can get you some prices that are usually very competitive.

I can get a wide range of body parts, cooling, electrical etc

G'day Adam, thanks for letting me know, much appreciated.
I havent done anymore to it at the moment, i will make a decision once im back at work on what to do.
I have also pushed the bullbar across a little and scrubbed up the powder coating,so i may put it through insurance?

Thanks

just out of interest nathand22 is your truck spanish or thai built? did you get a price for the inner guard?

No mate i didnt because believe it or not the inner guard came out unscathed, once i bashed the shit of of the panel and got it roughly back into place the inner guard relaxed and went back to normal.

On the first one i did in the Black ute i just lived with the crack in it as i payed the panel shop just to replace the guard and as i never had any issues from the crack i just left it..

Latest posts

Back