ooops ive put a dent in it

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathand22

Reaction score
I think i got a little rock stuck in the tread
e16ceb4a.jpg
[/IMG]
b3b9cd9a.jpg
[/IMG]
this is the hill i was climbing
4db2e791.jpg
[/IMG]

it doesnt look that bad in the photo, but it was steep and the ledge at the top was pretty big for the nav
f2e171b0.jpg
[/IMG]
1f0cea98.jpg
[/IMG]

tough break mate. So looks like a new fender and mudflap eh, did the door come out ok?

Blacknav yeah i was stoked about not loosing the mudflap. hahaha

Rusty i got the old winch out and put some tension on it. Then stuck the highlift in the front and jacked it up to the top, next i dug under it until three of us could drag it out. The rock actually lifted the nave about two foot in the air, which drove the rock into the sand. The fu#@r was like an ice burg, you could only see a quarter of it :suicide2:

tough break mate. So looks like a new fender and mudflap eh, did the door come out ok?

oh well you get that hay, but its got me f$#ed how it got like that.
the door and sill are ok and so is the LCA ect lucky in a way that its only a guard.
what doesnt show in the photo is the dent goes up under the snorkel :thank_you2: lol

Ouch,same side that Kyle(onlock) has dinged.
Nissan Navara D40 Front Guard | eBay

Thanks for the link, your an absolute champion. i just bought my self a new guard
at a much better price then i anticipated.

The other good part is it has to go to the paint shop to have a small dent fixed in the back from a lady forgetting to use her brakes. So that may make things a little cheaper if i have the new guard on when it goes in.
:cheers!:
Nathan

Should do since they'll already be mixing up the the paint. Take a little airtight jar to ask them to keep the left overs. Good to have touchup paint.

Should do since they'll already be mixing up the the paint. Take a little airtight jar to ask them to keep the left overs. Good to have touchup paint.

Good call, i will get some for sure.

My side of the road repair so i could get home with out the guard flapping around in the wind..... hard to see in the photo but it will do until i fit the new guard.
79ab525a.jpg
[/IMG]
just had to remove the stupid step and get the hammer pliers and some bigger washers to hold the guard where the bolts had torn right through it, oh and a coupl of good old zip ties.
03320c92.jpg
[/IMG]
9aaae305.jpg
[/IMG]
0ad6b7dd.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Not good Nath.

Wonder how much that mudflap is worth through Nissan ?

Since wheel bearings for a D40 are like $1000 per side.

Not good Nath.

Wonder how much that mudflap is worth through Nissan ?

Since wheel bearings for a D40 are like $1000 per side.

Youre not wrong Dave, the day kind of ended on a sour note hahaha.

Yeah i am a little worried about the mudflap, that bloody thing will probobly end up costing more then the guard. What im also scared to ask about is the inner guard..... i wonder if they will want my left leg for it.

Navarian added a link for a brand new guard, $80 pick up, How good is that.

Think i will search ebay for the mudflap and inner guard, i dont really want to give Nissan my first born child. :sarcastic:

Can't help you with the inner guard or flap,but it would be a good move leaving the side steps off,those thing cause more damage than do good.I have dings in my tub from those things.Could have been worse.
I fitted up some sliders,much better protection.

Can't help you with the inner guard or flap,but it would be a good move leaving the side steps off,those thing cause more damage than do good.I have dings in my tub from those things.Could have been worse.
I fitted up some sliders,much better protection.

yeah those steps are crap like all factory steps. I took the drivers side off this arvo.
The only thing is i use them for tying ladders and roofing material on the racks.
I think i will end up with brush bars that join into some steps/sliders. Once i get some cash together i will get scotty to make me some i think.

Ian what brand or who made your sliders? :cheers!:

Just got a message back from a guy on ebay that has parts from d40's that he is wrecking.
Cop this, he wants ... $320 for the guard ,, and $130 for the inner guard/liner.
I have already bought a brand new guard that i will pick up through the week for $80, why would anyone pay $320

Ian what brand or who made your sliders? :cheers!:

Gaz85 made them for me,he lives close by and wanted to measure up my D40 to make a set for his mate,he made a set for me as well.
Also made a set for Redgie as well as himself.I don't think he wants to go into production though,just did a few sets.
Happy with them and they have passed the torture test.

Latest posts

Back