Oil leaking from inlet manifold hose.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelsu

Reaction score
Hey guys,
My 07 STX diesel is leaking oil from the inlet manifold hose, the oil is dripping onto the fan and spraying it onto the bonnet, upon buying the car 12 months ago, (80,000km on the clock) I change the oil to a 15w/40, CI-4, grade oil. I use this oil in all our farming equipment/vehicles with no dramas. Just drove 3000kms on a family trip and really made the car work through ranges and traffic hoping the engine may take up, but no good. Any suggestions would be appreciative.
Cheers.

You've got a boost leak. Replace the hose if it's damaged, and don't tighten the clamp up so much that the hose gets pinched - just enough to hold it. If it's not damaged, look for over-tightened clamps etc.

The oil comes from the Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) system. It's supposed to be there - it gets fed back into the engine to be combusted.

You've got a boost leak. Replace the hose if it's damaged, and don't tighten the clamp up so much that the hose gets pinched - just enough to hold it. If it's not damaged, look for over-tightened clamps etc.

The oil comes from the Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) system. It's supposed to be there - it gets fed back into the engine to be combusted.

no, the oil is not meant to be there. it will clog up intake ports etc when combined with the egr.

clean out the intake and fit a catch can.
also check oil level is not over filled. if its over filled excess oil tends to get blown out the breather into the intake.

no, the oil is not meant to be there. it will clog up intake ports etc when combined with the egr.

clean out the intake and fit a catch can.
also check oil level is not over filled. if its over filled excess oil tends to get blown out the breather into the intake.

Well, that catch can was the next move to make, but oil in there is pretty much inevitable with an unmodified engine.

Latest posts

Back