oil injector pump leaking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poogie

Reaction score
g'day mates got a 2008 navara d40 2.5ltr got a prob with oil injector pump for a while now, took to nissan for the 90,000 service and told nissan to take a look at the oil leak they di oil injector pump o-ring to replace this little o-ring going to cost 800 smackers money i dont have,i have allways done my own repair work i think i will do the work my self ,i would like to know whats involed in getting to the pump got no manual, looking from under the nav its driver side near front just under the suction control valve , it seems to be leaking or oil coming out from a little allen key star shaped screw, done searchers cant' find any thing about oil injection pump,has any one of you nav boys done any work to the oil pump regards poogie:confused2:

Confused here.

Oil pump,

or,

fuel pump (pressurises fuel for injectors)?

Don't start anything till you have the FSM and have read the procedure in detail.

I'm a little confused too - the described location is where the fuel and vacuum pumps reside. The oil pump runs off the crankshaft inside the timing cover, you shouldn't be able to see it.

If you're talking fuel pump - and I suspect so - be careful, it's an expensive component (about $4K). I recommend getting a service manual just like Dion does.

I'm a little confused too - the described location is where the fuel and vacuum pumps reside. The oil pump runs off the crankshaft inside the timing cover, you shouldn't be able to see it.

If you're talking fuel pump - and I suspect so - be careful, it's an expensive component (about $4K). I recommend getting a service manual just like Dion does.

i am confused myself, but it is a oil leak coming from in the location area is there oil lines running in the area , i was thinking fuel pump but we are getting oil, was working in the area cleaning the suction control valve last week ,getting a manual this week have a look see on the weekend if i think i cant do it got giddmans down the highway 75 an hour better 128 , looks like its in a bugger of place to get to any way thanks for the add vise mate regards poogie

Confused here.

Oil pump,

or,

fuel pump (pressurises fuel for injectors)?

Don't start anything till you have the FSM and have read the procedure in detail.

mate confused myself:confused2: taking you/old. tonys advise waiting for manual almost temped to undo that little star type allen key seems to be leaking out of there i was thinking fuel pump to but its oil leak, its at the back of the plate that right down low driver side frunt :violin2: regards poogie.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back