New Nissan Navara Diesel V6 (170kw)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codroft

Reaction score
Hi Guys, new to this forum, just wanted to get peoples opinion on one of these beasts....other than the $$.

Fuel Economy figures for towing?

Any major issues?

cheers

Welcome to the forum.

There's a whole thread on this beast here.

It's a great car to drive, and I suggest a GPS that has speed alerts because you really can go too fast before you know it.

Economy figures are better than expected with the larger engine, although not good enough to justify (in $ terms) me trading my 4-banger in for one.

Thanks Tony, I couldn't find much on fuel economy though when towing....or any issues.

I think the biggest issue was with the early model and the amount of heat under the bonnet. This summer wasn't particularly hot either, if I owned an early 550 I'd be hoping to replace all of my air hosing before next summer!

I found a post here showing a tough climb with a large van providing figures of 11.8LPHK.

Old tony said
It's a great car to drive, and I suggest a GPS that has speed alerts because you really can go too fast before you know it.

I have the 2.5 TD and I have problems with the speed.
Don't know what it is, just feels like its going slow and it isn't.
Even the wife commented on it.
Maybe a Nissan thing?

Harry

The V6 is smooth, the usual diesel sound is still there but it's subdued compared to the 4-banger which is also rather smooth and quiet. At freeway speeds, it's difficult to tell that it's a diesel.

They are far from perfect sadly, the engine has enormous a mounts of turbo lag, coupled with one of the worst gearboxes possible, driving in traffic on a twisty hill (through blue mountains example) can be downright frustrating.

I do like it, but I probably wouldn't buy another one

Righteo just got my new STX v6 deisel the other day and love it!!.....just a few q's.....

How do people use the 7 gears to tow a boat/caravan do you use the sports shift (6th or 7th?) or just drive normal?

cheers

Rod

Latest posts

Back