New d40 owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creesy

Reaction score
I recently took delivery of a brand new auto black 4x4 d40 I love the car such a nice drive on the road hasnt seen dirt yet lol

Just ticked over 1000kms and I have a few questions

How accurate is the economy reading on the cluster? reason I ask is mine is reading 9.4L/100km and it seems a bit to good to be true.

Also according to my gps the speedo is 8kmh out I know most cars are out by 3-4ks but 8 seems excessive

And lastly the car is completely or almost completely free of road noise inside the car apart from where the back seat clips in up the top (the bit you fold down to get to the Jack) is this normal?

Other then these issues I love the car can't drive it enough lol I plan on starting my own thread here soon to get an idea on mods and things

Cheers
Troy

Hey mate welcome,
The speedo being out 8-10k is correct all the navara's are.
The fuel readings are about right, I have a 2011 thats weighed down a bit with extras and bigger tyres and I get 11-12 lts 100k and the road noise a few ppl complain about.
I get a little from the back somewhere some have mentioned it being the vent in the back and others have said a window seal but i guess if it bothers you you will chase it down.

Welcome and glad to hear your enjoying it so much... I have a '10 D40 and I love it too. Mine still has no squeaks or rattles in it, done 50k. Only noise I hear are the full muds I run.

My noise is definetly tuat seat cause I jamed a work sock in there and no more noise lol

Ahh well time to get on to the modding only got the outside opti coated and a towbar so far next will probably be some lift in preparation for a winch bar and bigger shoes

They do drive nice for a truck. I get a little noise at the back but think mine is coming from the vents on either side. If I have the air on fresh at highway speeds can definatley here the air escaping out there.
2011 Thai model here and speedo is out 3-4% and yes Spanish trucks 8-10%

yeah i think i read on here that an upgrade to 275/70r17 on the stocker rims makes the speedo 100% accurate or near enough to, haven't checked mine on a gps though.
mine has had a bit of wind noise from the left rear window/door since new that i can't track down but it's not enough of an issue to worry me, can't hear it over the stereo most the time.
other than that it's been really great, 18500km now!

Just bought aD40 Spain built navara 12 month ago. Has anyone come across air coming in cab through lft hand Quarter window. Took it back to dealer they said its a common fault and they are unable to fix it. Cheers

Latest posts

Back