Need help asap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
hey guys.

its 2008 st-x navara turbo diesel manual

ok so im going away at Easter leaving on Thursday to go away so i need help or thoughts on what could be wrong i am going to be takin it back to nissan but id like to no if anyone has any info before i go in there cheers

ok for some reason it keeps cutting out on me ...
backing out of my drive way it cut out on me when would not start for a while..
iv been stopped in a main street where it was going fine then i stopped at a walk across and it cut out on me and i try'd to start it about 5 times it would just die then it kicked over and i rev it up and pulled away...

to me it feels like a air or diesel prob like its not getting threw but i don't no anything about cars engines but i am trying to learn ..

any info would be grate thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:tazzy:

Start with replacing the fuel filters right away. See if that makes a difference.

I had mine do that to me a couple of times, although only at start-up. Normally I start the engine without touching the accelerator. On a couple of occasions it would idle for a few seconds then stop. Restarting it was fairly easy. Giving it a burst or two on the throttle fixed it and the problem went away for me.

No guarantee that it will be the same for you. I have no idea what it is yet with mine and mine's so erratic (and produces no error codes) that it's probably going to be hard to find - but also likely to not be too much of an issue for now anyway. I'll be towing at Easter but I don't think this is going to cause me too much grief.

If it's the same thing that yours does, we should probably compare closer notes about what exactly happens and see if between you, me and our two dealers we can find out what it is. My dealer is stumped at the moment because it doesn't do it and presents no codes at all - what's worse, a quick rev on the throttle makes it go away and behave itself.

It's almost like it sucks air into the fuel line - which would indicate a loose fuel pickup - but that's definitely not it unless I have a cracked fuel hose (I might check that) on the suction side, because at the moment I've got about 140L on board (150L tank). I doubt it's a cracked fuel hose, though - at idle, the pump isn't drawing hard on the fuel line, but at speed it sucks like a nympho - unless the additional suction helps the hose to reseal! I'll check it and will report back.

thanks old tony yeah mine and can do it when eva it feels like it and your right it feels like the air gets in to the fuel line ... mine did it the other night ill try and explain- the best i can .

ok it was sitting in the drive i got out of the drive way, then as i pulled up the road it started to go in to limp mode without going into limp mode? like it was losing and gaining power when i had my foot down to the floor trying to get it moving it was losing and gaining power until it just pulled away then is was ok ..but it has done this to me while i was 4x4in and it was a bad place to lose power i just went in to a big slide down a hill and nearly crashed .
let me know if u no anything and if i find out anything ill let u know as well mate cheers .

Here's another idea - you could have an erratic vacuum leak on your turbocharger actuator. Might be worth looking at that too - she's 4 years old and some of the vacuum hoses may have started to crack.

At full throttle your turbo vanes should be able to open right up but if the actuator isn't responding properly, it's possible for them to close - choking the engine.

well i took it back to nissan today they said they have no idea but its booked in for next Monday .. bet they are going to say they cant find a problem witch means what should i say to them ??

Latest posts

Back