Navara Platinum Radio upgrade to Apple Car Play & Android

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2014 Navara Platinum Edition Navara. I've been looking to upgrade the radio to something more modern with Apple Play / Android.

The Bluetooth is a bit hit and miss with connectivity to newer phones.

Unfortunately, the environmental controls also display through the same screen of the radio.

Is there a good quality product out there that someone has had experience with that can take the external data input from the climate control?

Apologies if there is another thread on this. I haven't' seen it.

I've installed a 9 inch Android headunit and it works a treat, it even has the capability of CANBUS inputs for many different cars.

**Problem is, I don't know if I've ever seen a CANBUS connector for the D40 premium head unit.

If you decide to go down the android head unit path like I did, don't skimp out and get a unit with 2gb of RAM, make sure it has an absolute minimum of 4gb and a decent processor. Mine is 6gb RAM and an octa core processor - it's as fast if not faster than my actual phone in my pocket.

Hello,

I have a 2014 Navara Platinum Edition Navara. I've been looking to upgrade the radio to something more modern with Apple Play / Android.

The Bluetooth is a bit hit and miss with connectivity to newer phones.

Unfortunately, the environmental controls also display through the same screen of the radio.

Is there a good quality product out there that someone has had experience with that can take the external data input from the climate control?

Apologies if there is another thread on this. I haven't' seen it.
Hi recently got a quotation to replace my unit.

Attachments

• IMG_1463.jpeg
    IMG_1463.jpeg
    662.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back