Navara d22 04 zd30 egr

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe.weeden

Reaction score
Hey fellas just wondering what's involved in the egr mod because I have a crack In my egr pipe behind the turbo so I have to block 2 ends correct? Also what's the go with the butterfly mod?? And any think else I should know ??

Given the crack, you would probably want to block both ends and perhaps remove the egt pipe altogether, otherwise you can normally get away with only blocking the one end (on the drivers side of the engine).

All the detail and explanation you need is in the relevant sticky on EGT/Butterfly mod at the top of this section of the forum. If you print out the diagrams and pics and match it up to your car, it becomes fairly easy and common sense.
KB

had the same, egr pipe broke. plate both ends, exhaust has to be reasonable thick steel.
and by mem i think i cut off the egr pipe ends and used them to help clamp the plate in.
you may want to keep the pipe to fool the powers at be as removing emission systems is kinda illegal in AU.

had the same, egr pipe broke. plate both ends, exhaust has to be reasonable thick steel.
and by mem i think i cut off the egr pipe ends and used them to help clamp the plate in.
you may want to keep the pipe to fool the powers at be as removing emission systems is kinda illegal in AU.

is the blocking plate on the exhaust end of this pipe a good place for an egt probe???? was goin to put it in the dump pipe but that job is getting pushed back further and further
cheers russ

A couple of people have put it there. The probe needs to be long enough or it will read low.

Roger that.. Is there an easier way if mounting the probe in a standard sort of set up??? Happy to drill and tap holes in what ever.,

Latest posts

Back