My v6 wont start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grubb22

Reaction score
Hi guys, can anyone help?
D40 been off the road for 3 weeks, coughed ran on 2-3 cylinders then stopped. It has been at a shop but the techs cant find why. Funny tho, they put a l.e.d. tester into harness at one of the coils and it ran sweet. Took out the tester and it stopped. Any ideas.........thanx

Id be thinking coils if it worked when it was shorted.

Crank angle sensor maybe, have they pulled any codes from the ECM ?

Dave.

No codes from ecu, 2 weeks before this happened the engine light came on the dash,no engine fault, again no codes,tech reset to remove light, then this happened.
Tech replaced crank sensor--no joy. Is currently checking earths under air box and at ecu base .??????

Depending on where and how they had it hooked up, maybe a failure in the coil power supply feed.

I wonder if they jiggled the cable just right when they put the tester in the harness and unjiggled it when they took it back out? Could the harness have a dodgy connector in it?

If you jiggle the wires in the harness, does it start any better?

Bear in mind that an engine not firing properly on a cylinder will foul that cylinder's plug fast, so it'd be a good idea to pop the plugs and give 'em a good clean. Might also be an idea to give the thing a crank while you've got the plug out so you can be sure the plug's developing a spark - what if it was a fluke that a broken spark plug just happened to fire nicely with the tester attached, sending you on a red herring?

(not seriously) Eventually of course you could pull all the plugs out, stuff glow plugs in the holes, increase the piston crown thickness and height, remove the coils, drop a high-pressure fuel pump in, change the filter, install a catch can, Garrett 201V turbo then fill at the diesel bowser instead.

I Eventually of course you could pull all the plugs out, stuff glow plugs in the holes, increase the piston crown thickness and height, remove the coils, drop a high-pressure fuel pump in, change the filter, install a catch can, Garrett 201V turbo then fill at the diesel bowser instead.

Heh Heh, not a bad idea Tony. Actually, a nice turbo system to fit the V6 would be nice. But first I need canopy, roof console, UHF, Suspension etc etc etc

Opps, 2 gLASSES OF RED wINE AND i CAN'T S[PELL, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Spoke to my tech today,,,, no joy,,,its now starting occasionally but only if the engine light comes on first, it starts and runs fine?
If i turn the key on/off a few times and the light doesn't show, then it wont start, also the aux fan comes on and the fuel pump dont run???
Looks like i will have to take it to a dealer.god forbid! It appears to be something wrong in maybe the immobilisation unit or ecu............%$@%#

Latest posts

Back