my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joshy just put in another centre bearing cause then you wont have to buy a new one as youll already have 2 pieces.

If i can get my hands on some stainless ones, do you think they would be overkill?

Remade my driveshaft using some of the 2" exo tube. Wall thickness is slightly larger but not much. Was going to sleeve it but id rather twist the shaft again then blow a uni.

P8150980.jpg

probably less then what it was before haha. No idea, i havent put it in yet as i need to double check the length and finish welding it tomorrow. Doesnt really matter being the front shaft. My rear shaft that i cut n welded i can do about 80k's~ before the vibes start.

thanks mate.

Currently resigned to the fact that the nav wont be road legal for a while. And im having massive withdrawals from being able to just jump in the 4b and go away for a weekend at the drop of a hat. So hoping to find a tow/"tourer" soon. Was looking at 4.2 patrol ute but they can only tow 2500kg....fuckn stupid when the wagons can tow 3500kg. Also found a cheap 100 series cruiser but there 5 stud rims and if i blow a cv/tyre/centre/transfer/gearbox on the nav i cant just swap em over.

Was looking at 4.2 patrol ute but they can only tow 2500kg....fuckn stupid when the wagons can tow 3500kg. Also found a cheap 100 series cruiser but there 5 stud rims and if i blow a cv/tyre/centre/transfer/gearbox on the nav i cant just swap em over.

Can max braked trailer mass change when you go to a 5th wheel setup?

Yeah i think that increases it, But really other then weight ratio theres no reason for it to be less. As i really dont want a wagon (and dont feel like doing another ute chop) so i might talk to an engineer and see what needs to be done to get it plated. As by the time i set it up it will weigh more then standard.

My understanding with the GU's is that the utes get a lower towing capacity becase the tow bar hangs out further away from the chassis because of the length of the tray.

I cant remember if a wagon tow bar will bolt onto a ute, Id say it would though.

Dave.

I remember it being discussed on outer's and have seen it discussed on Patrol4x4 aswell.

But you make a good point though, didn't think of that.

So is the getting back on the road at all.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back