LED Driving Lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Many would have looked at them and some would have installed them.
Who has installed the LED bars and what do they think.
I have a 40 x 3watt unit in my grill and even though its blinding to look at it doesnt seem to throw much light at all.
What are others thoughts etc on these units

depends on the type you buy whether its usa cree or china cree leds, also depends allot on the reflectors, some have the leds back behind the reflectors and some are protruding, depends whether there board mounted or wired to sit off the circuit board. kpd4x4 are selling aurora brand led light bars for good prices, there made in china but use the usa made cree leds, really good reflector design and throw out really good light aswell as bright to look at lol. one of those things where research is king when buying things like this

http://www.kpd4x4.com/aurora-led-lightbars/

check out this link for great quality led bars for a decent price, i have no affiliations with this seller just a happy customer

Woody has one. Makes lots of light up close, but not much far away. Here's a couple of pics from the muster that will show you.

This is Woody's D40 with just the light bar on, from a distance to the side. My camera flash was active, so the camera (Canon EOS 500D) did compensate by dimming the background. The light bar is brighter than it appears here, but you'll see that in the last shot.
attachment.php

This is a shot of the light output by Woody's truck. The foreground light is almost ALL from the lightbar and it does a spectacular job of lighting things up in front of the car, but not for a great distance.
attachment.php

(yes, Sparra, I made sure I got your good side).

Lastly, here's Woody's D40 with everything lit up. I think it's Kyle's D40 beside his.
attachment.php

To be fair, I was standing directly in front of Woody's car, so Kyle's lights were aimed past my left. Kyle's spotlights were super bright and I'm sure the trees (middle picture) were smoking a bit after he turned his lights off.

Anyway, the LED lights don't seem to have much range. Up close they are bloody fantastic. Depends what you need the lights for, I guess!

Attachments

• IMG_3470-resized.jpg
    IMG_3470-resized.jpg
    199 KB
  • IMG_3474-resized.jpg
    IMG_3474-resized.jpg
    50.2 KB
  • IMG_3483-resized.jpg
    IMG_3483-resized.jpg
    127 KB
Main reason I ask is mine doesnt seem to show much but then I dont have it wired seperately yet . Also I have it behind a mesh grill and am wondering if that is causing dramas.
I bought a unit from BrightLights electrical and yeah its just a cheaper Chinese unit with both spread and pencil beams . I have the same design as working lights in under the hard cover to use as work lights when we are hooking up cars etc . The seem to do well however thats when you have no other lights
By themselves ok but when with headlights and Blitz 240's they really dont do squat.
Figured I would ask what others think to see if its my install that needs a tweak

I thought Woodys LED bar was great. I looked at from the point of view of zipping along a track (not a big track, a REAL track) at night when you might only hit 40km/h, as they gave a much wider and rounder light spot. But the HID spotties gave more light further down the road.

Unless you want to tip several hundred if not thousand into LED bars you will find that the cheaper ones will only be good for your short to medium range sort of stuff. HID will almost always give you much more distance but if you look at the size of the reflector and the power they use it is not surprising. I have a couple of LED spread driving lights mounded on the bottom of my bull bar and they are aimed off to the sides and down a bit, and they do an awesome job of lighting up the track, If I switch them on when in a normal street they light up the front yards of the houses on both sides of the street. :)

Mate took me for a drive in his hilux last night, he has a 20inch baja light bar on his bullbar and also a set of lightforce xgts, all i have to say is i use to think xgts where bright! The light bar shat all over them! You could barely tell they where on while the light bar was. This light bar convinced me so much ive started to save for one!

iv got xgt's with 100w hid kit in em and there no way any light bar will match the distance. the only reason i would even get a led light bar is if im doing allot more night 4x4ing or night time navigation based events

Hey Guys have you come across the Scorpion LED driving lights? They are a 5 inch round flood light in 109W. They run at 32 volts with a step up converter ballast and are made in the USA.

I've got a set on my daily and they are an amazing driving light for tight windy and hilly country. They do lack a little in the long range penetration but Scorpion is curently in the process of building a spot beam lense as well to get a bit more penetration down the road.

Here's a link to low beam pics and scorpion leds pics on our KPD4x4 daily vehicle on our facbook site: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=654073201298598&set=pcb.654073267965258&type=1&theater

I've got a 23" sunyee bar off ebay. Cost me $160 and its a cree LED aswell with a IP68 rating and has around 11500 lumen output. Can't fault it and it was easy as hell to install

Latest posts

Back