ive chipped it but it rattles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven3893

Reaction score
hi all was pondering on a question for months_ i a chip fitted with adjustment from 1-10 on it but if i turn it over 1/2 way it rattles up a storm. my d22 also has a beaudesert 70 mm exaust kit (big dump pipe and new cat ) fitted, iwas wandering am i suppose to take it to the dyno people or is that the way it is totally confused.

sorry for the delay was away working, tweak its a 2.5 and the chip is a custom one installed by the guys who service the ute, they are all about european powered diesel cars, ive also put in new late model injectors as well as the old one were adding diesel to my oil level, it runs nice turned down, but when i turn it up it goes harder but rattles to much, cheers steve

Plenty of people out there think the steinbauer is great. You will get great reports from those who have fitted a DP chip too. And I won't complain about my chipit module. Mate, I don't know if there IS a magic answer because preference is everything.

that diesel mob in thomastown melbourne say they fit their chip , dyno it and set it to suit your engine, is this a good idea or am i hearing some spin doctoring going on.

Mine was dyno'd when the install was done - all part of the package. They used a custom tune (supplied by chipit) to get the characteristics I want. I've had a wiring problem with mine, but that was an annoyance more than anything else.

Personally, I'm not a big believer in "seat of the pants dyno". Need to analyse exhaust gasses, rolling road data etc in order to determine the best configuration for that particular engine and user requirements.

But that's just me. Everyone is different.

Some will say "why mess around with a cheap chip - go the best" and then not pay for dyno work to make sure all is correct.

Mine was supplied, dyno'd, and the cost was $950. Three things tho - that was here in Tassie - labour and services can be cheap down here compared to the mainland. 2, they had only just taken on dealing with chipit and wanted some feedback so supplied me the chip at the right price, and 3 - it was 3 years ago.

Yes mate, 2008 model. Spain built STX, manual trans.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back