Help engine just stopped!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sort of service is what companys need to provide to keep us the customer coming back. I dont mind paying a little more for good service and the chance to maybe gain a tip or 2. I remember back in the late 80,s early 90,s people would go to brissy for a car, Didn,t think it would still go on now

thats it,ill happilly pay more for good service,which is why i had no problem getting my body lift from zordo,could of got 1 for 200 less but that extra 200 was well worth the service he gives.
yea mate,get a cheap flight,camp in the ute on the way home and about 250 odd for fuel and you end up saveing a good couple grand.the price for 4x4s up here even second hand is crazy.

hey craig,
sorry to hear about the nav mate. i find the same thing in Tville, over priced and very poor service with just about anything. latest drama i had was with ride on mower blades, never brought them before so i went to a big name store in townsville, was spoken to like i was a numb nut and then given the wrong blades, not once but three times. third time i got my money back and jumped on google and found blades in aus, express to my door cheaper than tville. dont get me started on nissan parts or motorbike parts! lol

out of interest mate what mechanic you using now? trying to find someone decent to check my injectors and tell me if they're rooted or not. dont want to be replaceing them for no reason.

you thought about putting in a 2.5 in or maybe doing something different and putting in a superchaged v6 dunny door engine? got a mate that did it to his mini truck style triton and it went pretty good. dont know what it would be like 4wding but.

cheers mate.Haha so the guys treating you like a numb nut but he gives you the wrong blades,what a dumbass.last fun round i had was with the wreckers telling me i cant put a 80 series airbox in a nav.it pisses me off when they gobb off about stuff they have no clue about but ive done the research and i know what i want.
well my ute is at aitkenvale auto and dyno as they could fit it in the day i called,they seem to be quet good and he is doing some good leg work looking for engines down south for me,time will tell how good he is.
about a month ago i got my injector seals done by marshalls which was about 3hrs labour at 85+gst.he also swapped my turbo out as it had 10mm of play and i didnt want to drive it home to do it myself.he was good and did a good job,i only really go to mechanics when its major stuff,or stuff i dont like to touch like injectors but i will keep useing him i think,its hard to tell from only getting him to do the one job but it was a good job.

DO NOT go to marks mechanics and LM motors,they are both useless,there both repco authorized mechanics.i could go for pages about how bad they are.

i have but im not sure,it will all depend on what the prices are for the zd30,dont know too much about engines so im not sure what my options are but it deffently needs to be capable of 4x4.

i've heard that aitkenvale auto and dyno are pretty good to deal with. yeah i never really go to mechanics for much but somethings like injector testing is best left to a shop with the correct equipment.

i've heard that aitkenvale auto and dyno are pretty good to deal with. yeah i never really go to mechanics for much but somethings like injector testing is best left to a shop with the correct equipment.

thats good to hear.yea when it comes to stuff like that its not worth playing with.

Have a look at the Patrol forum and search thru the GU-GR section, there's threads by guys that have rebuilt their ZD30s. From memory you can buy rebuild kits and replacement heads.

No one knows more about blown ZD30s than Patrol owners.:rambo:

have you thought about doing at 4.2 TD conversion?
if that is somehow a cheaper option.

will do cheers,im going to chuck another 1 in there now and then rebuild the blown one for learning purposes,then sell it.or maybe do a project like build a buggy and throw it in that lol

Theres been ZD30 Patrols that have been converted to 4.2 but that was a factory option. Dont know if it would fit a D22 but sounds interesting.

Don't mean to be a downer but I would stray away from it. There has been a few Navara conversions to a 4.2TD already done, so its not an entirely new idea, but the engine only barely fits in the bay and the car doesnt get all it can from it like it would a Zd30 or Yd25.

In essence it is a beautiful idea, a Nav TD42, but there are so many complications with it, and the power output for the zd30 and the TD42 is almost identical (look it up, you'll be surprised).

If you want to change engine I suggest looking at one of the newer pootrol zd30s as they are a commonrail.

But if your set on it, have a chat to Scotty, he has a huge V8 in this Nav. If you have the will power (and $$$$) anything is possible.

ill probably just stick with the zd30.dont have the coin or the the time to try putting something else in unless it was a straight fit

The TD42 is a piece of shit anyway.

If you were gonna revert to a older motor, you'd go the QD32ETI.

Has he showed you the broken chain ?

Latest posts

Back